Quad LP/Tape Poll Isley Brothers: Harvest For the World [SQ]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Harvest for the World"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-So

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
T-Neck PZQ 33809 from 1976.

Side 1:

Harvest for the World (Prelude)
Harvest for the World
People of Today
Who Loves You Better

Side 2:

(At Your Best) You Are Love
Let Me Down Easy
So You Wanna Stay Down
You Still Feel the Need

ED :)

Just picked this up last week -- how timely!

Awesome music. The mix is not super-discrete, more atmospheric and big. Still, very pleasant and clear. Love the Isleys.

Edit: having read Fredblue's thoughts on the Isley quads, it makes sense. It's pretty, and there's definitely some interesting stuff going on in the rears, but the lead vocals appear to be everywhere. Still a fun listen.

Just picked this up last week -- how timely!

Awesome music. The mix is not super-discrete, more atmospheric and big. Still, very pleasant and clear. Love the Isleys.

Edit: having read Fredblue's thoughts on the Isley quads, it makes sense. It's pretty, and there's definitely some interesting stuff going on in the rears, but the lead vocals appear to be everywhere. Still a fun listen.

To be honest bangsezmax, I'm still on the fence with all these Isley Quads.. I think some of this one is faked/upmixed/run thru a decoder box or something.. but there are a few instances where it makes me wonder if some of it was not actually remixed after all (refrain vocals coming from the rear, could they get them that well isolated when synthesised from stereo in '76?) and as good as this album has always sounded in stereo there is here, like all the Isley Quads, a definite sonic 'uptick' and it sounds better than ever in the Quad, lovely and natural, warm, full of life and detail.. all that kershizzle.

5 years later.. time to rate it! 🤯

a "10" for (yet another) late-era CBS mix that is so sophisticated in discrete form you can see in all fairness their SQ system could never fully do it justice.. but through a Tate or a Surround Master you'll get a good (and at
times very good) approximation.

ps. i was wrong back then, none of it is fake! 🤷‍♀️😋

Solid. Agree with Adam's revised assessment of the mix. Not my favorite Isleys album, but I love the uplift-anthem title track and the funky "You Still Feed the Need."

Back