Quad LP/Tape Poll Tomita: The Bermuda Triangle [CD-4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Bermuda Triangle"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-So

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this early 1979 CD-4 release from RCA Japan (R4C-2068). This title was the only Tomita quadradisc that had no US catalog number assigned, as it was sold strictly as an import LP. It is not know why the subsequent Tomita album, R4C-2069, was assigned a US catalog number when this one was not.

Again, this is a very rare CD-4 release, as it's release date was over 2 years after the previous CD-4 album from RCA worldwide.

Triangle.JPG

RCA Red Seal R4C-2068 from 1978. Although the Lp was issued around the world in stereo on Lp and tape, the quad edition was issued only in Japan.

Side 1 (Listings taken from back cover of the US Lp; generally, the sides were unbanded):

A Space Ship Lands Emitting Silvery Light (Tomita: The Arrival of a UFO)
Electromagnetic Waves Descend (Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2)
A World of Different Dimensions (Sibelius: Valse Triste)
The Giant Pyramid and Its Ancient People (Prokofiev: Scythian Suite)
Venus in a Space Uniform Shining in Fluorescent Light (Williams: Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
Space Children in the Underground Kingdom Called Agharta (Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5 Second Movement)
The Earth - A Hollow Vessel (Tomita: Dororo)

Side 2:

The Song of Venus (Prokofiev: Violin Concerto No. 1: First Movement)
Dawn Over the Triangle and Mysterious Electric Waves (Prokofiev: Symphony No. 6, First Movement/Tomita: Computer Data Signals)
The Dazzling Cylinder That Crashed in Tunguska, Siberia (Prokofiev: Symphony No. 6, First Movement)
The Harp of the Ancient People with Songs of Venus and Space Children (Prokofiev: Violin Concerto No. 1, Third Movement)
The Visionary Flight to the 1448 Nebular Group of the Bootes (Tomita: Departure of the UFO/Prokofiev: Scythian Suite)

ED :)

This is really the first of Tomita-san's albums I would consider 'eclectic,' if only for a fixation with Prokofiev, integrated with some interesting others and...a few originals! And unlike his use of the "Star Wars" theme, here, "Close Encounters" (also by John Williams) makes sense, given the concept and inherent mystery not only of outer space, but of course the title area in the Atlantic.

As usual, wonderfully realized mixes and sound quality.

ED :)

My first ever CD-4 LP (right now- so far so good-played with an AT440mlb & QRX-8001), much thanks to @Sonik Wiz for the album-in great condition also!

A little dated material (as much of Tomita music is) but another spectacular surround experience.

I'm going to have to go with an 8 vote as it's dated content- a few votes gets into the main Polls :):whistle: .

TOMITA TBT CD-4.jpg

My first ever CD-4 LP (right now- so far so good-played with an AT440mlb & QRX-8001), much thanks to @Sonik Wiz for the album-in great condition also!

A little dated material (as much of Tomita music is) but another spectacular surround experience.

I'm going to have to go with an 8 vote as it's dated content- a few votes gets into the main Polls :):whistle: .

View attachment 52554
Please post your thoughts and comments on this early 1979 CD-4 release from RCA Japan (R4C-2068). This title was the only Tomita quadradisc that had no US catalog number assigned, as it was sold strictly as an import LP. It is not know why the subsequent Tomita album, R4C-2069, was assigned a US catalog number when this one was not.

Again, this is a very rare CD-4 release, as it's release date was over 2 years after the previous CD-4 album from RCA worldwide.

View attachment 37537
Finally able to locate this one! Playing through my QRX-9001 on an FR-5080s with an AT-15SS cart and stylus. Wowww- pretty amazing discrete quad for a 43-year old slab of vinyl 😊. Dated material or not, I give it a 10 .

Back