4K titles with new audio formats

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I am totally perplexed where I can go to find information on new movies that are in 4K, UHD and contain one of the newer audio formats. (Atmos, Auro 3D or DTS-X)
Seems to me (as usual) the information on those 2 topics when viewing disks is limited. It's easy to locate discs with 4K,UHD...but then they don't tell you if they have Atmos, etc. Ugh.....

I want to spend some money on some new 4K, UHD discs that have newest audio. Anyone have some current sites that tell us all that information?
:)

blu-ray.com

they give all the audio formats for each release

here's a snip example

Attachments

• bd.JPG
    bd.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 218
I am totally perplexed where I can go to find information on new movies that are in 4K, UHD and contain one of the newer audio formats. (Atmos, Auro 3D or DTS-X)
Seems to me (as usual) the information on those 2 topics when viewing disks is limited. It's easy to locate discs with 4K,UHD...but then they don't tell you if they have Atmos, etc. Ugh.....

I want to spend some money on some new 4K, UHD discs that have newest audio. Anyone have some current sites that tell us all that information?
:)

Here's a start Gene: http://realorfake4k.com

As I previously mentioned, a LOT of 'supposed' 4K discs are actually upsampled 2K. If you click onto the titles [pictures] it will tell you if they're REAL or FAKE [upsampled] 2K 4K discs. They will also reveal whether they're Dolby Atmos, DTS~X, HDR and/or Dolby Vision encoded. It's still a relatively new site but so far it's been very accurate.

Blu~Ray.com's reviews will also indicate the audio codecs on the various discs and will reveal in their reviews if they're real/fake UHD 4K and how effective the Dolby Atmos/DTS~X SQ is. http://www.blu-ray.com

Sample of recent 4K review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Greatest-Showman-4K-Blu-ray/195381/#Review

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
I see that there are a lot of new 4k UHD discs that have Atmos/DTS:X soundtracks - while there are only 5.1/7.1 on the same BD release. I am planning to buy a 4k UHD player this summer. Got to have the best sound mix!!!

I do have some blu rays with Atmos/DTS:X:

HpLDmdZ.jpg

But I did not know that they sometimes do a 4k UHD release of some older movies - and give it a new Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack, like this one:

mVKwIKs.jpg

After a little research, I found more 4k UHD movies with a new Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack:

Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek: Into darkness (2013)
Ender's Game (2013)
Pacific Rim (2013)
Starship Troopers (1997)
The Matrix (1999)
Battleship (2012)
The Fifth Element (1997)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Knowing (2009)
Jurassic Park Collection (1993-2015)

There are more.....