5.0 Mix of My Album Available for Download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerfo

First of all: if this type of self-promotion is frowned upon, please feel free to slap me on the wrist and remove/lock this thread. That said, if any folks will appreciate this, it's definitely you guys!

Last Friday, I released my very first solo album: "Silence and Self-Reflection." The music has been described as:

"like Rush/Weird Al/Peter Frampton/Peter Gabriel/Death Metal and a whole lot of amazing friggin music"
"Part Rush, part Pink Floyd circa Division Bell, part Edgar Winter Group, part whimsy."

I like to think of it as if Steven Wilson and Frank Zappa somehow had a baby, it would eventually make music that sounded something like this.

If you want to hear the stereo mix before committing to the surround version, it's available for free streaming on YouTube:

Spotify:

...as well as Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, and so on.

The 5.0 mix is very discrete. I tried to avoid doing "stupid surround tricks," but there's always a key component of the music happening on the rears and in the center channel. It's available for download from my personal website here: https://www.jerfo.com/buy-the-album-in-surround-sound . Each song is available as an individual download, as a zipped 24/96/5.0 FLAC file. If you use the code quad at checkout, you'll get 50% discount...meaning that you can get the entire 5.0 version of the album for a whopping $7.49. If you just want to dip your toes in the water and try out a song or two, I'd recommend either "My Successor" or "Seventh Hell" to start.

If you've made it this far: thank you! Let me know what you think of the music and the surround mix. And again, if this isn't really appropriate to post here, my sincere apologies.

- Jerfo

Not available in Afghanistan.
Btw, self-promotion is not frowned-upon. Welcome to the site.

Thanks! And thanks for the info. I appreciate it. To make things a little easier for folks outside of the US, I've made the songs "My Successor" and "Seventh Hell" free to stream (in stereo) from my website. Go to https://www.jerfo.com/buy-the-album and you should be able to listen to those two songs in their entirety, and get 30 second previews of everything else.

First of all: if this type of self-promotion is frowned upon, please feel free to slap me on the wrist and remove/lock this thread. That said, if any folks will appreciate this, it's definitely you guys!

Last Friday, I released my very first solo album: "Silence and Self-Reflection." The music has been described as:

"like Rush/Weird Al/Peter Frampton/Peter Gabriel/Death Metal and a whole lot of amazing friggin music"
"Part Rush, part Pink Floyd circa Division Bell, part Edgar Winter Group, part whimsy."

I like to think of it as if Steven Wilson and Frank Zappa somehow had a baby, it would eventually make music that sounded something like this.

If you want to hear the stereo mix before committing to the surround version, it's available for free streaming on YouTube:

Spotify:

...as well as Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, and so on.

The 5.0 mix is very discrete. I tried to avoid doing "stupid surround tricks," but there's always a key component of the music happening on the rears and in the center channel. It's available for download from my personal website here: https://www.jerfo.com/buy-the-album-in-surround-sound . Each song is available as an individual download, as a zipped 24/96/5.0 FLAC file. If you use the code quad at checkout, you'll get 50% discount...meaning that you can get the entire 5.0 version of the album for a whopping $7.49. If you just want to dip your toes in the water and try out a song or two, I'd recommend either "My Successor" or "Seventh Hell" to start.

If you've made it this far: thank you! Let me know what you think of the music and the surround mix. And again, if this isn't really appropriate to post here, my sincere apologies.

- Jerfo

Welcome to the forum:hi....as "Baggs" said...self promotion is not only welcome on here...we encourage artists to come here(y) and in case you weren't aware... edisonbaggins is an accomplished artist who recently put out his own music in surround sound HERE

Downloaded the flac files!
Sounds very good!
You like Steve Vai, don‘t ya? ;)

Thank you thank you! I really appreciate it!

I have a lot of respect for Steve Vai (who doesn't?), but I've never been a huge fan. Folks have also said that my playing on this album reminds them of Satriani, who's another guy that I respect but don't really listen to very much.

Thank you thank you! I really appreciate it!

I have a lot of respect for Steve Vai (who doesn't?), but I've never been a huge fan. Folks have also said that my playing on this album reminds them of Satriani, who's another guy that I respect but don't really listen to very much.

Hmm...there is really some Zappa in your music..so Vai is much more closer than Satriani.

But beside that...I listened to the whole album now! Wow!!!!! Great surprise! I love it!

Silence and Self-Reflection Album Cover.jpg

I'm excited to check this out. Going to try to find some time over the weekend. Really liking the music I've heard so far. And I'll agree with the Frank Zappa/Steven Wilson comparisons. I'm hearing some Voyage 34 in some of the electronic songs, and also a bit of the Central Scrutinizer thrown in too

Back