50th anniversary deluxe edition of the Doors' WAITING FOR THE SUN

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Interesting, that with all these deluxe boxes where you find a surround disc somewhere stuck inside, here's one where a surround exists (the SACD in a big SACD box) but the "deluxe box" is only an LP and 2 CDs (a blu ray might have made it tempting).

Maybe, just maybe, it won't sell well and companies will figure out that we're buying these for the surround discs thrown as an afterthought inside.

In the case of the Doors it's just the basic "remaster" cash cow that is evident here...and like the advertising "pitch men" on TV..."wait there's more"....which usually includes the "previously unreleased" material...which every record company seems to magically discover....in the case of the Doors I can understand why they didn't include a surround version...because you have the Audio Fidelity offering...you have the Rhino offering of Doors songs in surround(not specific to this album)and you have the Perception Box Set and you have the individual SACD version in surround of Waiting For The Sun....so there was nothing to be gained by offering it in a box set...

Last edited:
Instead of starting a thread on THIS...this is the perfect spot to include it....because this is another box set with no surround which uses the infamous "unreleased recordings"...woot...woot...this one has just 6 CDs...no vinyl...no surround...BUT..it will contain the mandatory Book...of course....and just to nudge those die hard Dylan fans(because that is the only group who would even consider buying this)it's a limited offering..wait a minute...its STRICKLY limited...just like Double Secret Probation is more than just Secret Probation....and the record company wants you to know that in "most cases" they used the original multi track tapes for you to hear in glorious 2 channel sound....just to show you how far the record company has gone to please these fans....they are providing the complete New York sessions in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER...WOW.....holy smoke...I bet it took 10 minutes to do that...but wait there's more...in addition to the outtakes they provided what they call "false starts"....and no it's not a 15 yard penalty...it's just the mistakes that were made...wow...I bet fans are on the edge of their seats waiting to hear those mistakes....and I saved the best for last....what they call studio banter....maybe they put microphones in the restroom?....what a treat for fans to hear Bob Dylan pass gas!....and remastered gas!

And to get this set with no surround and 6CDs...the bargain price of $159.98 on amazon US

Back