Music DVD Poll David Bowie - Serious Moonlight CD/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-Video "Glass Spider"

• 10 - Great Mix, Production & visuals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor mix, poor production & Poor visuals

• 1 - Forget it. Waste of time & effort

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & Observations.
Audio = Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS 5.1

Last edited:
now, is it serious moonlight or glass spider as written in the poll? moonlight i suppose...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It's Glass Spider.
Filmed at the Olympic Stadium, Montreal.
Monday, 30 August 1987.
Audio Options are
Stereo LPCM 16/48
5.1 Dolby Digital
5.1 DTS
There is a downside - be warned this is an upmix. In fairness, it does say this on the box but in extremely small print.

It's still worthwhile for Bowie diehards though. The original recordings were intended for FM broadcast, along with the film footage - and the bootlegs of this - and the Serious Moonlight shows 4 years earlier - were amongst the highest quality ever as some bright spark managed to get hold of the pre-broadcast masters & leaked the complete show in really good quality as opposed to the more common Audience tapes. So I guess the original multitracks just do not exist anymore, as the time that has been obviously spent on this tells me they would have remixed if possible.

The tour was slated at the time for being just too overblown - the Stage Set was, well - large!
Peter Frampton does a fair job along with Carlos Alomar on guitars, and the show is a fine effort & a great document of it's time.

You get 2 CD as well as the Region 0 DVD-Video disc.
Worthwhile, but don't pay too much IMHO because of the upmix.
Quality all round is superb, but strike points for the faux surround. Add them for being honest & admitting it though.
In all, 6/10 from me.

Back