Quad LP/Tape Poll VARIOUS ARTISTS SAMPLER: The Full Spectrum of Quadraphonic Sound [SQ]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate Realistic's "The Full Spectrum Of Quadraphonic Sound"

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia Special Products CQ 10869, from 1972. This was a Realistic/CSP title sold in Radio Shack stores, and featuring Columbia/Epic acts.

Side 1:

1. Chase: Open Up Wide
2. Santana: Oye Como Va
3. Barbara Streisand: Free The People
4. Johnny Mathis: You've Got A Friend
5. Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills: Stop

Side 2:

1. Miles Davis: Miles Runs The Voo Doo Down
2. Ten Years After: I'd Love To Change The World
3. Percy Faith, His Orchestra & Chorus: Aquarius
4. Lynn Anderson: Rose Garden
5. Sly And The Family Stone: I Want To Take You Higher

ED :)

Wow, I didn't think to find a poll on a sampler!!!
That said, I like to collect samplers you never know what you can find (especially if you don't know the artist or a song) but in this case I have to appreciate it.
Miles Davis in quad is a revelation and Lynn Anderson is lovely; weird thing is Santana Oye Como Va which contains a mistake in the mixing, right front in left rear and viceversa.

Overall I give it a 7

Yeah, I like those samplers too, and they still turn up dirt cheap here'n'there, which is also nice...:)

This one has several hits on it--four, to be exact--and as a showcase for SQ(with a good decoder, natch)this Lp must have enticed some to buy into quad early on, though what Radio Shack offered, don't honestly remember now.

Hard to rate this one, but I'll give it the same, a '7'; might've been an '8,' but the pop tracks, while well mixed, just aren't that interesting, and the quad format could not do much to mediocre pop except make it mildly more enjoyable.

ED :)

OK, I gave it an 8 because, even though the pop tunes aren't all great, some are like "I'd Love To Change the World" and "I Want to Take You Higher" (y) and the mixing and sound, although variable, are generally terrific. Also, as already mentioned, it's a great SQ showcase.

This is one I've had since back then. ;)

Doug

Found this one for $1 at a Goodwill Thrift Store in 2010 as I was getting into SQ for the very first time. The main reasons were the full version of Chase's "Open Up Wide" and the late Lynn Anderson's classic, "Rose Garden". Nevertheless, I enjoyed hearing Ten Years After's song after sampling it and the Chase song on the Intro to SQ disc. I also found the Johnny Mathis and Barbra Streisand's track very good but wished the Sly and the Family Stone was mixed better. But my opinion since then has changed thanks for results on my SQD-2020. I gave it a 9 for the diversity of songs.

Its an elclectic mix, but there is something for most people on this one & some great quad demo tracks...

For me I like:
Chase: Open Up Wide - a great test if your separation and set-up is working correct.
Santana - Classic!
Ten Years After
Miles Davis

and & probably most of all I really like "Stop" on this. Its interesting hearing the Quad compared to the Al Kooper 5.1 mix... totally different.

I love it when old threads are brought back to life after thousands of years! :)

It goes to show that someone will always be discovering an album years after it's been released (and often forgotten).

Back