Al Stewart - Year of the Cat and Time Passages???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alan Parsons mixed these two tracks as a demo for the folks at Arista, in the hopes of a DVD-Audio release. Although they were, well, pretty amazing, he did not get the go ahead to do the project. In fact, he may have created these mixes on his own, I can't remember.

The fact that they made their way to a Mercedes Benz demo disc is quite remarkable. They were clearly meant to be "super secret", but now that they're out there, well,....
they're out there.

I have heard them, and the Year of the Cat is a 10 all the way. If you just listen to the rears, there is no vocal at all. A real "sing along"! :)
Hi Jon

What edition of the Mercedes Benz demo disc was this released as in what year....your quick response would be appreciated 😀

My Apologies Jon...momentary lapse of reason.

No worries. It ticks me off that we can't just BUY the God Damn tracks and be done with it. We have to skulk around like criminals trying to get surround material that we would gladly pay for but no one will sell us legitimately.

QQ is here as a place for surround fans to gather and learn about new releases and stuff, and also for the labels and reissue people to show that there is a market out there, no matter how small (and as the general public buys less and less tangible product, our percentage actually GROWS as we're still sitting here with our wallets ready and they're not) and that we're willing to buy the stuff if the put it out.

I would love to make this place a free for all, where all we do is put up links to files and share with everyone, but as I've said before there are other places on the internet to do that. There really are quite a few industry folks that read QQ anonymously and those folks just might be the people that eventually release something we'd all love. I don't want to discourage them in any way by being a hub of illegal distribution.

So, I hear you, I know what it's like to know that something's out there that I'd really like to hear but I can't get it because there is no legit way to get it.

It's a fucking endless circle of shit. Really.

Hi Jon

What edition of the Mercedes Benz demo disc was this released as in what year....your quick response would be appreciated 😀

There is no MB demo disc with these tracks. Somewhere along the way, someone burned someone a copy of the MB disc and added the two Al Stewart tracks to it. It was not legit. Not sure who did it, but I never saw it.

Back