Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was an early adopter, bought the original box set, and loved it. All this renewed talk has me excited for more AP.

Now I’m sitting in my listening position waiting for the damned noisy A/C to cut out so I can enjoy “Silence and I” in silence. I’m moving in a month to a house with MUCH better cooling system and insulation, can’t wait!

I ended up listening to both stereo and 5.1 mixes. So far, there’s a couple of things I found right off the bat. 🦇

The lead vocal on Psychobabble is mixed too low. There’s a slight miss-Step as the drums start at the beginning of Step By Step. Listen to the stereo version to see what I mean. You’re Going To Get Your Fingers Burned is not very dynamic sounding compared to the Stereo version. There’s one song, I think it was Children Of The Moon that had this drum echo bleeding into the rear channels, that I did not like but got used to as the song went on.

This is after only one listen. I can nit-pick but, overall, this is the best I’ve heard (less digital brightness) this album since the vinyl days, and I own the Classic Records HDAD version.

If AP decides to mix the rest of the catalog in 5.1, I’ll buy the entire catalog but hoping he does up to, at least, Ammonia Avenue. I’ll purchase multiple copies of Pyramid and Eve alone. (y)

Last edited:
I need some education. What is better, DTS or LPCM? Playing with Oppo 105 analog out to Marantz 4300 if that matters.

You’re Going To Get Your Fingers Burned is not very dynamic sounding compared to the Stereo version. (y)

I'm pretty sure "You're Gonna Get Your Fingers Burned" is a fake 5.1 mix. Unlike every other mix on that disc, there's nothing discrete about that mix at all, and it doesn't sound as sharp as the rest of the disc either. I'm pretty sure it's fake, and so I always skip over it when listening to the 5.1 mix in the car, after all, that leaves more time to play everything else!

:)

This really does sound great in 5.1
Amazon is now listing this as shipping in 1 to 2 mos.(?)
While Bull Moose is saying available in store only.
Apparently initial releases are already sold out.(?)
"Surround is dead!" Lol!

My Amazon order is listed as "Arriving Tuesday," <wipes sweat off brow>

That's why I'm willing to pay a bit more for pre-ordering initial releases (especially after hearing about current prices for the SW SftW!). Btw, I tried looking up the latter on Discogs and it didn't come up!!! Of course, there were over 5000 listings under "Jethro Tull" alone. . . .

But is there any audible quality difference between a LPCM track and a decompressed, say, DTS MA?
Not that my ears can discern, and I know of no reliable blind test that has been carried out to say there is any difference. Others may disagree and say there is an audible difference, but if lossless is "lossless", I don't understand how. A PCM track which is "losslessly" encoded and then decoded returns back to the original PCM track doesn't it?

Back