Alignment of QRX-3500 (Vario-Matrix type-B?)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cicaro

Hi!

Many different amplifiers and receivers has passed on my working bench during the years and of my favorites there are a lot of sansuis (I could link to the restoration/rebuild of near impossible projects, such as an AU-9900 which I acquired in over 100 pieces, but I don't know if it's permitted to link to other forums here).

With that said, I'm not a newbie working on amplifiers and not afraid for a challenge. However I got an QRX-3500 on the bench right now and realized a problem with my first Quad amp. How do I align the Vario-Matrix after recap and restauration? In the service manual the circuit boards are blank and sold as "special parts" (F-2047 and F-2048). I found the schematics for these boards in another service manuals, and a block diagram showing line levels. Sadly this won't say me enough to actually align these boards. If it only was the amplifier stage which lacked information since then it would be possible to make a qualified guess on bias et al from the stones.

Is there anyone here who have the instructions from Sansui on alignment of vario-matrix? These have to existed at some point since F-2047 has test points .

Back