ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I received the Texas Hurricane Box Set...6 SACD's with Stevie Ray Vaughan..I did get a little chuckle...as some of you know acoustic sounds listed the empty box for sale...IIRC it was close to $100...for just the box...and it is a decent box...but c'mon...it's not THAT nice...back to my purchase...here are some pictures...sorry for the quality...dark overcast day yields poor results...

THE BOX
View attachment 25647
View attachment 25648
View attachment 25649
A picture of the memorial statue of Stevie in Austin's(Texas)Auditorium Shore's Park
View attachment 25650

I realize Analogue Productions' Texas Hurricane boxset has been out for a while now. I'm a huge SRV fan and have most of the albums on vinyl and CD. I just happened to be looking around Amazon.ca yesterday (Sunday) and saw the SACD boxset for an unbelievable low price (CAN $ 230) this is about $180 US, so I ordered - it's coming from Amazon prime with free one day shipping to boot. I noticed the price of the remaining 2 units jumped by $90 after I placed my order so it must've been a mistake in the price listing / exchange rate(?). Anyway, it's on its way, should land today. Anyone here have the T.H. SRV boxset on SACD? How do you like the sonics?

I realize Analogue Productions' Texas Hurricane boxset has been out for a while now. I'm a huge SRV fan and have most of the albums on vinyl and CD. I just happened to be looking around Amazon.ca yesterday (Sunday) and saw the SACD boxset for an unbelievable low price (CAN $ 230) this is about $180 US, so I ordered - it's coming from Amazon prime with free one day shipping to boot. I noticed the price of the remaining 2 units jumped by $90 after I placed my order so it must've been a mistake in the price listing / exchange rate(?). Anyway, it's on its way, should land today. Anyone here have the T.H. SRV boxset on SACD? How do you like the sonics?

As with ALL of the Analogue Productions SACDs, the SRV boxset is NO exception. Excellent Sonics. I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Mastered from the original 30 i.p.s. analogue masters including the copious bonus tracks on each disc.

And Clint wasn't kidding when he stated that the box the set came in retailed for $100 at Acoustic Sounds. So consider your purchase a great deal.

Last edited:
The TH SRV SACD package just arrived. Very impressive delivery service from Amazon considering I placed the order only yesterday. I can't wait to crack this open.

IMG_1622.jpg

I really appreciate youtube....if I've heard a song or album it's right at my fingertips...and there are times when I hear music on a commercial that used an "oldie" song and I just have to hear it...instead of digging thru my "unorganized" music collection I can just dial up the song on youtube...in this case I was playing an old CD of mine and wanted to share that song on here...I've always liked this song...so upbeat and with Rod's very distinctive voice...

Good to see you are back Clint......has anyone purchased the re-release of the Smiths "The Queen Is Dead"...3 CDs and a DVD set? Any comments, I see it has a new mix in 96/24 and a Live CD.

Excellent LOSSLESS 96/24 PCM Stereo remaster. Buy with confidence. Haven't watched the documentary on the DVD, though.

And yes, it's good to have Clinty back following his QQ hiatus of:

Let Sleeping Iguanas.....LIE!

Last edited:
I really appreciate youtube....if I've heard a song or album it's right at my fingertips...and there are times when I hear music on a commercial that used an "oldie" song and I just have to hear it...instead of digging thru my "unorganized" music collection I can just dial up the song on youtube...in this case I was playing an old CD of mine and wanted to share that song on here...I've always liked this song...so upbeat and with Rod's very distinctive voice...

WHOA!!! thank you so much for that trip down memory lane!!!!
So many great songs from the 80s that do not get any airtime now...although I'll have to admit that one of the few perks of moving to the USA is that FM radio plays a lot of these songs that you'd NEVER hear in Spain (payola land!)

This is another of my favorites....it has nothing to do with all the controversial events surrounding Sting's personal life...he left his wife and 2 children for his wife's best friend and former neighbor...he didn't wait for a divorce...he just left and got the divorce later...

Sting has always been disappointed with the response to this song...most thought it was a love song...but it's really a song about surveillance and control...it was meant to have a sinister and ugly tone...look how intense he is singing the song.

WHOA!!! thank you so much for that trip down memory lane!!!!
So many great songs from the 80s that do not get any airtime now...although I'll have to admit that one of the few perks of moving to the USA is that FM radio plays a lot of these songs that you'd NEVER hear in Spain (payola land!)

kap'n....we need to get you some more "perks" in the USA....maybe a change of venue will help...there is more to see out there besides Denver(y)

We have tix for Joan's final tour. She was also kind enough to send us a copy of her new album.

Love is just a four letter word...

Linda, I may have been in the minority but one of the reasons I purchased AF's QUAD Bob Dylan bootleg series disc was to hear Joan sing some of her old Vanguard Classics in hi res.

I'm sure you'll enjoy her final, albeit bittersweet, final tour.

I just happened to bust out an older CD today of Van Halen 1984...whether you love him or hate him...you must admit that David Lee Roth did a nice job on this album...my positon on David is that I would much rather HEAR him than SEE him...but you can't argue with the commercial success of the band when he was the frontman...

Same 1984 album...unfortunately mastered poorly...but my goal was to not SEE David Lee...so I'm calling this a success...don't crank it up...your head might explode:ROFLMAO:

Just a point of reference to 1984...Gos was tearing up those country roads in Central Illinois in the 80's...it was his decade....and he was THE MAN about town...you might not have liked him...but you damn well respected him....a rebel WITH a cause

Same 1984 album...unfortunately mastered poorly...but my goal was to not SEE David Lee...so I'm calling this a success...don't crank it up...your head might explode:ROFLMAO:

Just a point of reference to 1984...Gos was tearing up those country roads in Central Illinois in the 80's...it was his decade....and he was THE MAN about town...you might not have liked him...but you damn well respected him....a rebel WITH a cause

Which is probably the reason GOS 3.0 'springs' for EXPEDITED SHIPPING........the man was BUILT FOR SPEED! ZERO to SIXTY [with the swipe of a credit card].

BTW, Clint, I was on a recent Van Halen 'listening expedition' and agree 1984 is CLASSIC ROCK par excellence.......would be a GREAT candidate for the 5.1 BD~A treatment!

What are those knuckle heads waiting FOR?:ROFLMAO:

http://nightflight.com/wp-content/uploads/DAVID-LEE-ROTH-FEATURED.jpg

Last edited:
Back