ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they WERE inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame this year [and still know how to rockit] and they supposedly have a few 5.1 remixes in the can so what better time for Rhino/Warner to issue a hi~res CARS retrospective with those highly anticipated, much sought after releases?

Looks like Weezer's bass player! I saw The Cars live a few years ago on the "Move Like This" Tour in Hollywood... Wiki says this about it: " The performances and set lists were met with mixed reviews: The Hollywood Reporter reviewer Erik Pedersen found Move Like This to be a "surprisingly good" album but described the May 12 Hollywood Palladium show as "icy" and unenthusiastic." I was there that night... they had a false start on "Moving In Stereo" and had to start over about 20 seconds in... but Elliot nailed the solo on Panorama... overall, it was fantastic! Their last album had some really good songs, but for some reason Elliot's hot guitar solos were missing... for me, those short, intense solos were part of the magic formula!

I had heard about Dead Can Dance from Steven Wilson, as he mentions them in Hand Cannot Erase record. I ignored them until this weekend when by chance in a thread their songs were said to be "beautiful".
Well off to YouTube I went and started with Kiko, haunting video and indeed great music.
And even more when I triggered the Neural upmixer. Wow! How good the music decodes in all speakers!
Their albums are on constant rotation, with the only pause to listen to Mansun.
How could I miss such a good group? I'm hooked now!

There has been a really great series on BBC 4 (UK TV) called "Africa: A Journey Into Music" presented by the DJ Rita Ray, the last programme today was on the music of Mali, the home of the Blues, my favourite African music comes from there, Tinariwen (great live act), Songhoy Blues (went to a festival to see them but sadly they cancelled), Ali Farka Toure, and Salif Keita. Worth watching if you can find the series.

Woo hoo! 1974...Jailbreak!!

f61e9d5804f45ae99b363351428dfb2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard about Dead Can Dance from Steven Wilson, as he mentions them in Hand Cannot Erase record. I ignored them until this weekend when by chance in a thread their songs were said to be "beautiful".
Well off to YouTube I went and started with Kiko, haunting video and indeed great music.
And even more when I triggered the Neural upmixer. Wow! How good the music decodes in all speakers!
I have the original cd pressings of the first 4 albums and,although I admit that I have not listened to them in FOREVER, they were spellbound stuff

In 2008, music label 4AD through Mobile Fidelity [who did the DSD remasters] released 9 Dead Can Dance Stereo SACDs as a boxed set and they were also available individually for roughly $15 each, new. Excellent sounding! I have all nine.

https://www.discogs.com/Dead-Can-Dance-SACD-Box-Set/release/1389096

Last edited:
Back