ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching a show on the AXS channel called THE TOP TEN REVEALED...and they highlight a top ten songs list selected by fan votes in a specific year...the year was 1978...and Disco(which I like)was really dominating the airwaves...and the Bee Gees(and Gos hates it when the band is called a Disco Band)were dominating Disco...but I was surprised to see the fans selection of the #1 song of 1978...I do like the song...but it's a cover and I like the original band version the best...just goes to show you how fans react to different music...here is the top 10 of 1978 by fan vote..

10-Hot Blooded-Foreigner...…….9-Baby Hold On-Eddie Money......8-One Way Or Another-Blondie.....7-Night Fever-Bee Gees....6-Baker Street-Gerry Rafferty.....5-Grease-Frankie Valli...…4-Dust In The Wind-Kansas.....3-Miss You-Rolling Stones....2-Just What I Needed-The Cars....and #1- You Really Got Me-Van Halen.....fans just loved the guitar work of Eddie Van Halen...I love it too..but I'll take the Kinks version...

A few things I didn't know about...the Stones Miss You was popular in the Disco Clubs with extended mixes...and Blondie's song One Way Or The Other is about a stalker and was inspired by an ex.....

I got an email today that triggered a MASSIVE flashback...they have brought the classic JBL L100 loudspeakers back!...I loved those speakers "back in the day"...they were like the Oppo's of the speaker world...they weren't the best at everything...but they did everything well and kept their value.. like Oppo's….durable too...man you could slam them with power and they never blinked...check them out

I got an email today that triggered a MASSIVE flashback...they have brought the classic JBL L100 loudspeakers back!...I loved those speakers "back in the day"...they were like the Oppo's of the speaker world...they weren't the best at everything...but they did everything well and kept their value.. like Oppo's….durable too...man you could slam them with power and they never blinked...check them out
I got the same email from Music Direct, looks very good, $4000.00 per pair. I had Kplisch Heresey's at that time, another great speaker, but I have to admit I blew up one of them.

I'm currently listening to the CD side of a dualdisc entitled "b.j. Thomas Hooked On a Feeling/the best of." Actually, they were all newly recorded digital masters featuring his hits Hooked on a Feeling and Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head. 14 cuts altogether. The DVD side features an interview with b j. and four live performances [DD 2.0/ 5.1]. From Cleopatra Records.

Stunning fidelity. And yes, the OPPOs do play the CD side of a dualdisc.

https://www.amazon.com/B-J-Thomas-Hooked-Feeling-Best/dp/B000A2H2RW

Last edited:
I'm currently listening to the CD side of a dualdisc entitled "b.j. Thomas Hooked On a Feeling/the best of." Actually, they were all newly recorded digital masters featuring his hits Hooked on a Feeling and Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head. 14 cuts altogether. The DVD side features an interview with b j. and some live performances. From Cleopatra Records.

Stunning fidelity. And yes, the OPPOs do play the CD side of a dualdisc.

https://www.amazon.com/B-J-Thomas-Hooked-Feeling-Best/dp/B000A2H2RW

Completely confused and excited to find this place. It’s like the X files when you take a quick scan! WTF is that head Clint?! :)

I’m gonna check that link out cheers Ralph... Always good info... You can’t help but not get...

Back