ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely confused and excited to find this place. It’s like the X files when you take a quick scan! WTF is that head Clint?! :)

I’m gonna check that link out cheers Ralph... Always good info... You can’t help but not get...

And Mr. Smithers, If you do have Dolby Atmos, those Raindrops will literally be falling on your head.

Get out the umbrella! The four live performances on the DVD side are DD 2.0 and DD 5.1!

Last edited:
Dolby Atmos In T-1 days! :LB

Got the Amp, got the speakers (as of the weekend) now randomly waiting for speaker cable...

As long as it’s not the ceiling falling on my head after a shoddy install I think I’ll be quite happy!

Kraftwerk I hope you are you ready!

Completely confused and excited to find this place. It’s like the X files when you take a quick scan! WTF is that head Clint?! :)

I’m gonna check that link out cheers Ralph... Always good info... You can’t help but not get...

Well this thread was created to be a place where you could discuss music...any music...sometimes you find yourself on a thread and you want to post something that's clearly off the thread topic...you can always post it here...there are no off topic music posts here...they are all off topic...no specific title to the thread...like that "after hours" bar when all the other bars have closed....

In regards to the "head"...well that's a long story...but I will give you the condensed version...his name is Bobby...and he's been with me a long time...sorta my alter ego..he's from "back in the day"...which means he was part of life during my drug years...we went thru a lot together....he would be sitting on my coffee table right by my bong and my stash...I had put him away in storage when I came to Florida...but I brought him back to life in hopes he could mind meld with Luther...which is a head that Gos keeps in his garage...truth is I missed Bobby...I don't have the patience to have pets...so Bobby fills that need...and he's cool...back in the day I would put beads around him during Mardi Gras...buy him a new hat every once in a while...because he's very self conscious about that scar on his scalp..sometimes he used to ride shotgun with me when I would go to a drive in window of a fast food joint...you should have seen the looks I got from the fast food employees...but sometimes a girl would be impressed...and I got a hook up....that's a true wingman!

One of these days I will dig out some of my old pictures of me with Bobby....nah...that wouldn't be a good idea...forget thato_O...so now that you have discovered this thread...don't be a stranger...some of the cool kids hang out here(y)

Dolby Atmos In T-1 days! :LB

Got the Amp, got the speakers (as of the weekend) now randomly waiting for speaker cable...

As long as it’s not the ceiling falling on my head after a shoddy install I think I’ll be quite happy!

Kraftwerk I hope you are you ready!

The Kraftwerk 3D audio/video in Dolby Atmos should be stunning, Mr. Smithers. BTW, do you have a 3D set~up?

Make sure you hit the studs IF installing overhead.

Good luck.

Well this thread was created to be a place where you could discuss music...any music...sometimes you find yourself on a thread and you want to post something that's clearly off the thread topic...you can always post it here...there are no off topic music posts here...they are all off topic...no specific title to the thread...like that "after hours" bar when all the other bars have closed....

In regards to the "head"...well that's a long story...but I will give you the condensed version...his name is Bobby...and he's been with me a long time...sorta my alter ego..he's from "back in the day"...which means he was part of life during my drug years...we went thru a lot together....he would be sitting on my coffee table right by my bong and my stash...I had put him away in storage when I came to Florida...but I brought him back to life in hopes he could mind meld with Luther...which is a head that Gos keeps in his garage...truth is I missed Bobby...I don't have the patience to have pets...so Bobby fills that need...and he's cool...back in the day I would put beads around him during Mardi Gras...buy him a new hat every once in a while...because he's very self conscious about that scar on his scalp..sometimes he used to ride shotgun with me when I would go to a drive in window of a fast food joint...you should have seen the looks I got from the fast food employees...but sometimes a girl would be impressed...and I got a hook up....that's a true wingman!

One of these days I will dig out some of my old pictures of me with Bobby....nah...that wouldn't be a good idea...forget thato_O...so now that you have discovered this thread...don't be a stranger...some of the cool kids hang out here(y)

Well I have to say very happy to have found the cool bar! Sorta like the QQ Viper Room!

Fantastic story about Bobby! If only heads could talk?!

Without wanting to sound too plastic - I love this place - a real oasis. You dudes rock...

Velvet Underground playing right now - it was alright!

Looking forward to seeing those pics, and if not - never minding the bollocks...

Last edited:
The Kraftwerk 3D audio/video in Dolby Atmos should be stunning, Mr. Smithers. BTW, do you have a 3D set~up?

Make sure you hit the studs IF installing overhead.

Good luck.

Unfortunatly no 3D TV... Bastard manufacturers...

I have no idea how to place the Atmos speakers?! They’re sort of small Sony satellites like Spock had. I may have to resort to dangligling them like Xmas decorarations?!

I also have Kick and RW - The Wall. Also contemplating R.E.M for just over a bullseye?

But also want to test out some movies!

I’ve probably completely underestimated how much speaker cable I need. But I’ll get there and can’t wait! Whoop!

Just put an ebay bid in for Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle. Original pressing vinyl. Woo hoo!

If this is the one you are bidding on...the seller certainly reveals everything about the vinyl...where it clicks and pops....I have avoided selling anything on Ebay that included vinyl...even when it's new it could have problems..is there a reason why you are interested in this one...is it the first pressing aspect...because there are a lot of "new" ones available...

If this is the one you are bidding on...the seller certainly reveals everything about the vinyl...where it clicks and pops....I have avoided selling anything on Ebay that included vinyl...even when it's new it could have problems..is there a reason why you are interested in this one...is it the first pressing aspect...because there are a lot of "new" ones available...

Gene can take a potty break during the clicks/pops and never miss a beat!:eek:

Excellent album, BTW!

Unfortunatly no 3D TV... Bastard manufacturers...

I have no idea how to place the Atmos speakers?! They’re sort of small Sony satellites like Spock had. I may have to resort to dangligling them like Xmas decorarations?!

I also have Kick and RW - The Wall. Also contemplating R.E.M for just over a bullseye?

But also want to test out some movies!

I’ve probably completely underestimated how much speaker cable I need. But I’ll get there and can’t wait! Whoop!

You might try placing them on the side walls....dangling them from the ceiling might be precarious but once you make holes in the ceiling you're stuck. There must be diagrams out there outlining proper placement of DOLBY ATMOS speakers.

And NO 3D TV. I have 3D but no Atmos so I guess we're even.

This might help:

Just put an ebay bid in for Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle. Original pressing vinyl. Woo hoo!

Yeah, I had read not so great comments about newer pressings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't get enough of Live From Daryl's House.....here's an episode with Cheap Trick and it just rocks...

I have seen most of the episodes of Daryl's House...at least the ones I was interested in....and I liked them...BUT this AXS channel is awesome...there is actually so much material that I can't watch it all..I'd recommend getting this channel even if you have to pay a premium for it...sometimes my head explodes trying to watch all the shows...and I'm one that usually doesn't care for the documentary type stuff...but these 30 minute shows that focus on specific things like an album or an artist are really good...just long enough to highlight the main details and not drag it out too long...

Reactions: GOS
Back