ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this song might get my vote as the most emotional song ever for me...so many implications...it's just a simple song that has such powerful meanings about life....I've known of people that played this at funerals...while thinking of love ones that are gone..as good as Carrry On Wayward Son and Point Of No Return were..this song was the only Kansas song to make the Billboard Top Ten

I guess this song might get my vote as the most emotional song ever for me...so many implications...it's just a simple song that has such powerful meanings about life....I've known of people that played this at funerals...while thinking of love ones that are gone..as good as Carrry On Wayward Son and Point Of No Return were..this song was the only Kansas song to make the Billboard Top Ten

And, I saw it live in Champaign in the last few months......whoa....just over the top great.

I just can't get enough of Live From Daryl's House.....here's an episode with Cheap Trick and it just rocks...

Speaking of Daryl...I was just watching an interview on the AXS channel with him....it was filmed in 2015...he's a pretty intelligent guy....with some candid observations about life and the music business...I didn't know that he suffers from Lyme Disease...he contracted it around 2006....he will be 72 in October....I guess it's true that 70 is the new 50...he's look great and is very active....one of my favorite H&O songs

Speaking of Daryl...I was just watching an interview on the AXS channel with him....it was filmed in 2015...he's a pretty intelligent guy....with some candid observations about life and the music business...I didn't know that he suffers from Lyme Disease...he contracted it around 2006....he will be 72 in October....I guess it's true that 70 is the new 50...he's look great and is very active....one of my favorite H&O songs

Cool. The drummer is really getting into it...lol

Goal:

Take a single multi-channel flac file (a single song) and load in Audacity. Then, remove the first 58 seconds of each mono track (6 mono tracks make up the 5.1). Then, export it back to the folder where it resides in it's original format (McCartney folder)

When I remove the first 58 seconds (easy), then click export. I select WAV, then switch to Flac. It then tells me it will export as a single mono file. I don't think I want a single mono file. I want it to be a single flac multi-channel file (stitched back together the way it was when I imported it, minus the 58 seconds)

Easy right? Hmmmmm

Goal:

Take a single multi-channel flac file (a single song) and load in Audacity. Then, remove the first 58 seconds of each mono track (6 mono tracks make up the 5.1). Then, export it back to the folder where it resides in it's original format (McCartney folder)

When I remove the first 58 seconds (easy), then click export. I select WAV, then switch to Flac. It then tells me it will export as a single mono file. I don't think I want a single mono file. I want it to be a single flac multi-channel file (stitched back together the way it was when I imported it, minus the 58 seconds)

Easy right? Hmmmmm
Duh. I figured it out. You need to go to preferences, import/export, then select "use custom mix" That's it.

So, tomorrow I head off to northern Minnesota.....cabin right on Lake Superior....
I'm taking my 103 Oppo, and my 2TB drive....with all my music....and I'm gonna plug that into their modest stereo. Woo - hoo! I will be in heaven. We have a personal pier that goes over the water about 20 feet. No neighbors, very private.

7cb18e67330edb34a84b178c98bb5be8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, tomorrow I head off to northern Minnesota.....cabin right on Lake Superior....
I'm taking my 103 Oppo, and my 2TB drive....with all my music....and I'm gonna plug that into their modest stereo. Woo - hoo! I will be in heaven. We have a personal pier that goes over the water about 20 feet. No neighbors, very private.

Back