ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Just ripped my CD. Spectacular!!

8afacb1a32846b89f9fef608bb8e5f09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLD - to the mutt in the front row!
-Shit this thing sounds great even on my little Surface Pro.
I'm thinking this version:
https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Welch-French-Kiss/release/2543032and DR
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/48812Whatcha think Clinty?

You aren't going to find that one...I just checked mine and it's from 1992...my advice is go on Ebay and find the earliest date and grab one...but here is what you are up against...so welcome to my world of searching for specific CD versions....they aren't cheap and they aren't easy to find...in this case don't try to get the perfect version.....I don't think it will make a lot of difference....most of the time it does....just enjoy the content...and think about Bob...

And, complete DR numbers from my PolyGram Records CD... 822 556-2 M-1

foobar2000 1.4.2 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2019-03-18 21:25:21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Scorpions / Animal Magnetism
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -0.73 dB -15.50 dB 3:49 01-Make It Real
DR13 -0.20 dB -15.13 dB 2:58 02-Don't Make No Promises (Your Body Can't Keep)
DR13 -0.67 dB -15.06 dB 4:00 03-Hold Me Tight
DR12 -0.92 dB -15.54 dB 3:05 04-Twentieth Century Man
DR13 -0.66 dB -17.08 dB 6:16 05-Lady Starlight
DR12 -1.68 dB -15.52 dB 4:12 06-Falling in Love
DR12 -0.54 dB -15.17 dB 3:37 07-Only a Man
DR12 -0.58 dB -14.95 dB 5:31 08-The Zoo
DR14 -0.60 dB -16.30 dB 5:58 09-Animal Magnetism

Number of tracks: 9
Official DR value: DR13

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 882 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Just ripped my CD. Spectacular!!

8afacb1a32846b89f9fef608bb8e5f09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a time in my life when Bob Seger's music meant more to me than the Beatles or Stones or Pink Floyd....in May of 1978 he released the Stranger In Town album...at that time for me...it was my Dark Side of The Moon or Sgt. Peppers or any top album...I saw my life through his music...it was a time of real life peaks and valleys for me....some of the best times and some of the worst...I can't think of any album where ALL the songs were excellent...9 songs...9 home runs...there is a mix of sad...serious...and lightheartedness....unfortunately some of the "valleys" I talked about earlier were so profound that it left quite a scar on my soul...so much that I couldn't listen to that album for years...the memories were just too fresh...it hurt to think of those times...but I will revisit that music now...I can handle it and appreciate the music for what it was...it's time to listen to Still The Same and We've Got Tonight again... and the jubilation of Feel Like A Number...and rock out to Hollywood Nights....

There was a time in my life when Bob Seger's music meant more to me than the Beatles or Stones or Pink Floyd....in May of 1978 he released the Stranger In Town album...at that time for me...it was my Dark Side of The Moon or Sgt. Peppers or any top album...I saw my life through his music...it was a time of real life peaks and valleys for me....some of the best times and some of the worst...I can't think of any album where ALL the songs were excellent...9 songs...9 home runs...there is a mix of sad...serious...and lightheartedness....unfortunately some of the "valleys" I talked about earlier were so profound that it left quite a scar on my soul...so much that I couldn't listen to that album for years...the memories were just too fresh...it hurt to think of those times...but I will revisit that music now...I can handle it and appreciate the music for what it was...it's time to listen to Still The Same and We've Got Tonight again... and the jubilation of Feel Like A Number...and rock out to Hollywood Nights....

Oddly, I too have some real life moments attached to some of his music....not sure why. His songs were massively popular in rural Illinois....back in the day. I grew up to some of his songs....if you know what I mean...

Back