ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so...it's certainly been an emotional ride for me the last year. Living the life...making lots of good money after 30 years in the same job. Then, rug pulled out...booted out. Once I was back on my feet...it took a while. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months. Then, I finally got my shit together (still without job), started eating good, jogging every night. Dropped the 30 pounds, blood pressure dropped to healthy levels.

Finally...found a job 3 months ago. Stopped exercising simply due to the shock of getting up and going to work again. Finally, tonight, I decided to go for a jog...and it felt RIGHT!

So, why all this? It's about Clint. He was my rock during my down in the dumps time. He motivated me to get off my ass, eat right. So, tonight, I pay tribute to Clint, who I miss a lot these days. He's fine....he's just taking care of personal business. I'm hoping I can continue my daily jog...though will be difficult as temps get colder.

Regardless...I got out the bluetooth ear buds, plugged in my tunes, and off I went into the darkness. Damn, that felt good. :)

OK, so...it's certainly been an emotional ride for me the last year. Living the life...making lots of good money after 30 years in the same job. Then, rug pulled out...booted out. Once I was back on my feet...it took a while. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months. Then, I finally got my shit together (still without job), started eating good, jogging every night. Dropped the 30 pounds, blood pressure dropped to healthy levels.

Finally...found a job 3 months ago. Stopped exercising simply due to the shock of getting up and going to work again. Finally, tonight, I decided to go for a jog...and it felt RIGHT!

So, why all this? It's about Clint. He was my rock during my down in the dumps time. He motivated me to get off my ass, eat right. So, tonight, I pay tribute to Clint, who I miss a lot these days. He's fine....he's just taking care of personal business. I'm hoping I can continue my daily jog...though will be difficult as temps get colder.

Regardless...I got out the bluetooth ear buds, plugged in my tunes, and off I went into the darkness. Damn, that felt good. :)

Awesome to hear GOS and glad Clinty helped ya out through some of the tough stuff. :love:

I know I intermittently post this video, but honestly....it simply is one of top 10 favorite songs. Hands down. Oh, and it happens to be the Scorpions. One of my top 5 favorite bands. I've seen them so many times.......

This is one of my favorite iterations in terms of band members. Uli John Roth adds so much spirit and heart and blues to the mix, it's just spell binding. You gotta love Herman Rarebell on drums. He's so underrated, but not in my eyes. He keeps time so well...and look at his facial expressions. Awesome.......

Wonderful. If I could somehow hear this in either 5.1 or 4.0, I'd be able to say.......I'm happy now.

Sails of Charon

Last edited:
OK, Scorpion's fans....I'm only posting this because of the photos that are posted throughout the song. Holy Crap! 80% of these, I've never seen...and wow!!!

I know I intermittently post this video, but honestly....it simply is one of top 10 favorite songs. Hands down. Oh, and it happens to be the Scorpions. One of my top 5 favorite bands. I've seen them so many times.......

This is one of my favorite iterations in terms of band members. Uli John Roth adds so much spirit and heart and blues to the mix, it's just spell binding. You gotta love Herman Rarebell on drums. He's so underrated, but not in my eyes. He keeps time so well...and look at his facial expressions. Awesome.......

Wonderful. If I could somehow hear this in either 5.1 or 4.0, I'd be able to say.......I'm happy now.

Sails of Charon

The Scorps had an amazing run after Uli left, but they were never the same in my book. Uli was a fantastic lead guitar player and his solos had just enuff of that Hendrix vibe to keep me wanting more. Thanks for posting this badass video, Gene!

Reactions: GOS
04994b31079c263b9a73126aaa91bde0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really just had to buy something today, on my day off. Being a huge Doors fan, I just could not resist buying the 50th anniversary set for Waiting For The Sun. And, it arrives tomorrow..... comes with vinyl, which will be super fun to spin......and then some cool stuff on CD. I'll then ask for Soft Parade 50th for Christmas....good stuff.

1572701505017.png

Got my copy of Waiting For The Sun, The Doors. 50th Anniversary set, with vinyl, 2 CD's. Here is DR of the vinyl I just ripped. Sounds excellent...

foobar2000 1.4.8 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2019-11-03 16:12:41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: The Doors / Waiting For The Sun (50th anniversary vinyl)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -3.76 dB -19.10 dB 2:15 01-Hello I Love You
DR12 -4.11 dB -20.03 dB 2:52 02-Love Street
DR12 -3.34 dB -19.13 dB 3:55 03-Not To Touch The Earth
DR12 -6.82 dB -21.02 dB 3:19 04-Summer's Almost Gone
DR12 -5.25 dB -19.62 dB 1:54 05-Wintertime Love
DR10 -4.81 dB -18.81 dB 3:06 06-The Unknown Soldier
DR13 -2.79 dB -20.33 dB 3:00 07-Spanish Caravan
DR16 -4.06 dB -23.89 dB 2:54 08-My Wild Love
DR13 -3.81 dB -19.62 dB 2:23 09-We Could Be So Good Together
DR12 -4.54 dB -20.99 dB 2:34 10-Yes, The River Knows
DR12 -4.55 dB -20.18 dB 4:26 11-Five To One

Number of tracks: 11
Official DR value: DR12

Samplerate: 96000 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 1347 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Back