Almost Famous (directors Cut)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossfan

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Ok, I spend my spare time listening to surround sound music. It's not often I sit down to watch a movie. But, I decided, while on vacation, I would catch up on a couple of movies I've always wanted to see. Hence, Almost Famous. Picked up the directors cut bootleg edition which includes 2 DVDs and a cd. All I can say is that if you have never seen the movie, get it watch it and watch it again. What a great movie. The music the times, the atmosphere, the acting and of course a very young Kate Hudson. It's been described as the greatest movie about Rock and Roll ever made. I believe it.

Ok, I spend my spare time listening to surround sound music. It's not often I sit down to watch a movie. But, I decided, while on vacation, I would catch up on a couple of movies I've always wanted to see. Hence, Almost Famous. Picked up the directors cut bootleg edition which includes 2 DVDs and a cd. All I can say is that if you have never seen the movie, get it watch it and watch it again. What a great movie. The music the times, the atmosphere, the acting and of course a very young Kate Hudson. It's been described as the greatest movie about Rock and Roll ever made. I believe it.

I agree, one of Cameron Crowe's crowning achievements. Such a great cast! You should upgrade to the BD~V.......it's priced to sell! http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Almost-Famous-Blu-ray/19904/#Review

Unfortunately, Cameron Crowe's Showtime series "Roadies" wasn't as 'famous' although it did have its moments. I actually enjoyed it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/roadies-everything-you-need-to-know-231667/

On the directors cut, Crowe lists his top albums of the 70s. Great list. I was surprised to see The Guess Who Live at the Paramount. I had Thad on vinyl. Ordered it. Pick up today from my favourite used cd store here. 20 plus minutes of American Woman. Sweet.

I felt that the film was magical for much of it - then the plane scene where everyone is making confessions seemed to be lifted right out of the final episode of Seinfeld. Like Crowe did not have a dramatic scene for the near ending and so he lifted one from a recent tv show season finale. If felt so forced and fake, I knew that he blew his best picture Oscar right then. He was so close the best picture Oscar and then um no.

Back