Anyone here an AES (Audio Engineering Society) member, or know someone who is?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
When I was doing some google searching for the Japanese quad reel info I posted earlier today, I came across a couple of papers (Japanese AES volumes) on the AES e-library website (http://www.aes.org/e-lib/) that appear to have information about the CBS/Sony Japan (SOTF series) and King Japan (4CHA) quad reel series.

Unfortunately the little preview that comes up with the google search only shows about six words from the document, and the AES website is asking for $33 per PDF to download - I love quad, but not enough to spend that kind of money (or any money, really) on 40 year old engineering newsletters. However, the entirety of the library is free to AES members - is there anyone here that's a member who could download a few things for me, or let me borrow their credentials to have a little root around?

There seems to be scant little information about Japanese quad reel production (and Japanese quad output in general, beyond what we know of catalog numbers etc.) and any more we could find out would be really valuable - especially if it means we can fill in the blanks on unknown catalog numbers, etc.

Post the links to the actual AES elibrary web pages about the papers. I may be able to get them from my university library.

Back