Anyone See David Byrne on Colbert tonight Friday 03/09/18

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i saw it too, happened to click on just as the song had started, very cool, i was not sure who it was thank you, but thought it might be a reincarnation of the talking heads, good song, went to bed right after the song. the old lady said she thought it was devo, yea right, i said then where's the flower pots?

I tried to get tickets for the tour; even with a pre-sale offer, I was number 300-something in line before the start time! :eek: Read a posting for a recent Byrne setlist and it is very heavy on the old Heads tunes.

Just wanted to mention(are you listening MrSmithers)that the Talking Heads blu ray is very entertaining...and it's reasonably priced here...and for those that missed an earlier conversation on here...the title I linked is the restored version of this title...and it is improved....a fun concert worth having(y)

I have just plumped for it - cheers Mr Eastwood. I just need True Stories and Naked to complete the megaset!

Picked up the new album on 7digital (24/96) here for just over £10. Fifty percent cheaper then HD tracks in the U.K.... It’s sounding good!

Yes i saw it too, happened to click on just as the song had started, very cool, i was not sure who it was thank you, but thought it might be a reincarnation of the talking heads, good song, went to bed right after the song. the old lady said she thought it was devo, yea right, i said then where's the flower pots?

I caught D E V O on an old Merv Griffin show a couple days ago, flower pots and all.

I TiVo Colbert every night for the monologue and the rare good musical guest. Time to get this excellent performance on my PC which is a snap with the TiVo.

I have just plumped for it - cheers Mr Eastwood. I just need True Stories and Naked to complete the megaset!

Picked up the new album on 7digital (24/96) here for just over £10. Fifty percent cheaper then HD tracks in the U.K.... It’s sounding good!

Naked is a must listen! They all are excellent but Naked is my favorite of the surround sound bunch.

[/FQUOTE]

FWIW I saw a copy of the 'Brick' for sale at the Princeton Record Exchange a couple weeks back. Since I own it I didn't focus on what they wanted for it, my vague recollection is a couple or three hundred bucks. That's Princeton as in New Jersey, Record Exchange as in one of the greatest record stores on the eastern seaboard.

That's for those who aren't just 2 albums away from the complete set already.

Back