Aqualung 4 disc set in stock at amazon.ca C$46.55

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not ebay but amazon.ca, I think this set is just about oop everywhere but amazon.ca has 6 copies left at a reasonable price c$46.55 for anyone else like me who didn't pick this up earlier

https://www.amazon.ca/Aqualung-40th...=1&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_2&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Please take note that amazon.ca may only ship to Canadian addresses for this. Should you want to have it sent to my address so I may ship it to you (extra shipping costs will be applied, obviously), please send me a PM. :)

I thought the 2 dvd set was 'fixed' in some way... Granted its not blu ray and the quad is on a different disc to the 5.1 on dvd, but weren't there issues / errors with the original set? Was the blu ray fine in the original set and the issues on the cds / DVDs, ould love to understand the preferred way to go here
Thanks

I thought the 2 dvd set was 'fixed' in some way... Granted its not blu ray and the quad is on a different disc to the 5.1 on dvd, but weren't there issues / errors with the original set? Was the blu ray fine in the original set and the issues on the cds / DVDs, ould love to understand the preferred way to go here
Thanks

I don't want to rehash that discussion...but yes there were some small issues...IMO they never bothered me...a few thought the mastering was bright...again...no problem for me and you can judge this for yourself HERE...I have both versions and I prefer the blu ray...

I don't want to rehash that discussion...but yes there were some small issues...IMO they never bothered me...a few thought the mastering was bright...again...no problem for me and you can judge this for yourself HERE...I have both versions and I prefer the blu ray...

Compared to all the other LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 Steve Wilson TULL Remasters, the LOSSLESS BD~A 5.1 of Aqualung was sonically, a MIRACLE. IMO, ALL of the TULLS deserved to be LOSSLESS 5.1 remasters*.......PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT....and QUESTION MARK [WHY, weren't THEY???????]:ROFLMAO:Grrrrrrr!

*If only in the name of 'consistency!'

Last edited:
Compared to all the other LOSSY DTS/DD 5.1 Steve Wilson TULL Remasters, the LOSSLESS BD~A 5.1 of Aqualung was sonically, a MIRACLE. IMO, ALL of the TULLS deserved to be LOSSLESS 5.1 remasters*.......PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT....and QUESTION MARK [WHY, weren't THEY???????]:ROFLMAO:Grrrrrrr!

*If only in the name of 'consistency!'

Its not spelled con$i$tency...

Blue Ray = super deluxe editions for record companies, there are comments from Mr Wilson in relation to the accountants only Ok'ing dvd not blu ray for the Caravan 5.1 release.

Who supports blu ray (non-super deluxe) releases at major labels? they even killed off 'pure audio' blu rays.

I can only think of Xtc and Yes that support blu ray (and these are not major label releases

Thanks for the link and info. Beggars cant bechoosers and am Happy to get Aqualung in 5.1 so the dvd will do for now.

Pushing up to 100 m/c discs in my collection but aLways a bonus when it's something you love

Whatever issues that became known for this Tull title, the quad and newer 5.1 were not a part of the problems.

This quad mix is in my top 5 or 6 from the 70s, and the album is in my top 50 rock of all-time.

It was very important to get this quad mix mastered in high-res before a bad fire came along leaving us with only a Q4 format as the final testiment.

Its not spelled con$i$tency...

Blue Ray = super deluxe editions for record companies, there are comments from Mr Wilson in relation to the accountants only Ok'ing dvd not blu ray for the Caravan 5.1 release.

Who supports blu ray (non-super deluxe) releases at major labels? they even killed off 'pure audio' blu rays.

I can only think of Xtc and Yes that support blu ray (and these are not major label releases

Well, I suppose Van1, when the graphic designers and Rock Artists themselves spend SO MUCH MONEY on those hardcover books, crafting equally elaborate heavy cardboard embossed slip cases and spend even larger amounts shipping those heavy parcels to retailers all over the globe....there is precious little left for the reason we bought these 5.1 remasters in the first place.......For the music, HOPEFULLY, in the best QUALITY available.

So LOSSY, it is!

Back