ATTENTION: About QUADBOB and "Quadraphonic Restorations Xtraordinaire"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a revelation. If you sent it by mail to another state it may be a fedearl offense, mail fraud comes to mind for one.
And there has to be some net fraud laws also.

I once filed a report for internet fraud when an ebay auction went bad. A month later, I got a thick envelope filled with lots of paperwork of all the different departments and offices the case went through. At the end of all the reports, they recommended I file another report with another department. Isn't our legal system wonderful?

Yes, I have. It was one of many other attempts to recover my property that no one in San Diego would take time to investigate.

I just got a letter today from the California Attorney General. Quadbob will not respond to them either. They will hold the case on file, but do nothing for me. It says they are prohibited by law from representing individuals in legal matters. They tell me to take him to small claims court. Of course he knows what a hassle he has created, so I guess the scum keeps our equipment unless we do just that.

I am so glad I found this site!....I was thinking about sending my Sansui QRX5500 to this guy!! I have had it since I dragged it accross Guam, and sent it home "space available mail" in 1973!! Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!! It needs some work, but no big hurry. Thanks again!.I will find somebody in MA. to fix it.

Last edited:
Hey nels check out Vintage stereo restorations .
I am so glad I found this site!....I was thinking about sending my Sansui QRX5500 to this guy!! I have had it since I dragged it accross Guam, and sent it home "space available mail" in 1973!! Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!! It needs some work, but no big hurry. Thanks again!.I will find somebody in MA. to fix it.

Thanks Fishhead! I will check this out! I just found a guy in Salem,MA. too. I called him 20 minutes ago, told him what I had (QRX5500 by Sansui, and he said bring it in!......Salem HiFi, in Salem,MA. I opened it, to find out why the Stereo light was intermittant, one wire was off the bulb, and of course I have no idea which hunk of solder it goes too!

Thanks again Fishhead!
nels

Thanks Fishhead! I will check this out! I just found a guy in Salem,MA. too. I called him 20 minutes ago, told him what I had (QRX5500 by Sansui, and he said bring it in!......Salem HiFi, in Salem,MA. I opened it, to find out why the Stereo light was intermittant, one wire was off the bulb, and of course I have no idea which hunk of solder it goes too!

Thanks again Fishhead!
nels

Hey Nels Jim Showker at vintage stereo restoration did a compete restore on my Sansui QRX9001 and QRX 999 with blue led lights on the 999 and green led on the 9001 It really makes them go wow. On Jims web site under shop action he talks about my gear and has a pic of my front speaker lay out and the 999. He knows me by my name Mark. He is the man that you need to talk with. IMAG0316 sansui.jpg Here is the picture of the 999 that I bought in Maryland this year before restoration. I had it shipped directly to Jim in Eugene Oregon for a complete restore. He also installed a remote for it that I bought in New York city. Since I live in Fl. the miles that the Sansuis traveled from Maryland to Oregon back to Fl. is a few thousand all of them arrived in great shape. How do they sound after Jim does his restore? Eargasm!

Easier said than done being from Reading, PA. Even if I could, I doubt I could keep my anger under control.

Hey Nels Jim Showker at vintage stereo restoration did a compete restore on my Sansui QRX9001 and QRX 999 with blue led lights on the 999 and green led on the 9001 It really makes them go wow. On Jims web site under shop action he talks about my gear and has a pic of my front speaker lay out and the 999. He knows me by my name Mark. He is the man that you need to talk with. View attachment 8714 Here is the picture of the 999 that I bought in Maryland this year before restoration. I had it shipped directly to Jim in Eugene Oregon for a complete restore. He also installed a remote for it that I bought in New York city. Since I live in Fl. the miles that the Sansuis traveled from Maryland to Oregon back to Fl. is a few thousand all of them arrived in great shape. How do they sound after Jim does his restore? Eargasm!

Hi Mark! Thanks for the comeback on your Sansui QRX999. This site is like going back in the time machine for me! I appreciate the information about Jim in Oregon! I will eventually make the move to either Jim, or the guy I found in Salem, MA., today.......My QRX 5500 works, but I have trouble with the lights too. One behind the analog display you have to tap the screen to get it to work!..It is even affected by the temperature of my garage. and when I pulled the thing apart the other day, to find out why the stereo light was intermittant, I found one wire off it. I got this thing 39 years ago! Now, I am going to go look at your stereo, again, thanks for the reply....by the way, it is 32 and snow here in Rockport, Mass.

Looks like I live 15 min from quadbob. If it's the same guy, I believe he had a commercial spot some 20 years back...

Hard to imagine he would have had a commercial running. He was very much a do-it-at-home hobby situation and not a commercial business.

At long last (7 = years to be exact), my JVC CD4-50 Demodulator was shipped back from Quadbob. Out of the blue Thurs. May 2 he offered to return it along with my paying the balance of what he said was part of the original deal. So long ago, I forgot. Anyway, the unit came back in worse shape functionally than when it left. He recapped it and supposedly replaced a CD-4 chip. The unit uses the CD4-392 chip. The same chip as several other demodulators including Sansui QRX-8001, 9001, 999, Fisher 634, Grundig's demodulator, and a few other units. Anyway, after spending another $180 to get it back, I will at some future point be placing this rare unit for sale on Ebay. I'll annouce the auction here on the forum when I do.

How about that getting your unit back.7 years ago wow. What a bad business model. The man must be touched in the head. And charged you for the balance on a bill from 7 years ago! Did moogplayer assist in the return? Good luck on your sale

Considering the fact that he refused to communicate with me and others to even pay him the balance, I'd say you don't know the whole story Roundhousequad.

Back