ATTENTION: About QUADBOB and "Quadraphonic Restorations Xtraordinaire"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Nels is your Sansui QRX 5500 all tuned up? 84 and humid here .
Hi Mark! Thanks for the comeback on your Sansui QRX999. This site is like going back in the time machine for me! I appreciate the information about Jim in Oregon! I will eventually make the move to either Jim, or the guy I found in Salem, MA., today.......My QRX 5500 works, but I have trouble with the lights too. One behind the analog display you have to tap the screen to get it to work!..It is even affected by the temperature of my garage. and when I pulled the thing apart the other day, to find out why the stereo light was intermittant, I found one wire off it. I got this thing 39 years ago! Now, I am going to go look at your stereo, again, thanks for the reply....by the way, it is 32 and snow here in Rockport, Mass.

Dang! I realized that I was registered to this site twice under two different usernames.
About a year ago I sold on ebay a QSD-1 that I'd had for many years that had been recapped by QB. I also sold my first QRX-9001 that QB had recapped/restored a long time ago. Both units worked/sounded great - no complaints.
I've been a Sansui fanatic since 1975 when I bought my first high-end Sansui stereo equipment while stationed in the PI.
I found this site (QQ) courtesy of Jim Showker last year when he restored my QRX-999 and suggested I connect with the Quad community. I've been lurking off and on around here and just found these threads regarding QB. Interesting.
I've seen similar circumstances in the other forum I frequent - I have owned Toyota Supras since the mid-'80s and restore old Supras and have been a member of a couple online Supra groups since the 1990s. We had a well respected member in the Supra community for many years from Southern California who even became a site vendor, supplying hard-to-find parts for the forum members. He suddenly started failing everyone and ultimately disappeared owing many members (myself included) thousands in parts and money. Parallel to the situation here with Quad Bob.
It's been a couple years - have there been any updates regarding QB? I would assume that if there were I probably would have seen something on this thread but you never know - someone could have started a new thread somewhere that I haven't found yet.
BTW, what are member points on this forum? I looked around but couldn't find any info on that.

Welcome. The QB Saga is a sad one, an infuriating one, and one that is almost forgotten thankfully.

As for the points, it was a vBulletin mod that added some fun to the forum operation, but that plug-in is no longer supported. It still runs, but it really doesn't do much anymore. If I decide to upgrade or change to a different forum software, that will all go away.

As for the points, it was a vBulletin mod that added some fun to the forum operation, but that plug-in is no longer supported. It still runs, but it really doesn't do much anymore. If I decide to upgrade or change to a different forum software, that will all go away.

Wtf??? Snood thought me was building points to get some kind of limited edition Jon Urban collector's cup!! Or even the Jon Urban Plushy Toy :banana:

Snood dreams are crushed :rolleyes:

Back