Auro 3D Receiver?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
In about a year, I hope to upgrade my receiver.
I at least want Atmos and DTS:X, but hopefully Auro 3D as well. My mum had a nice Marantz and that thing wants $300 to upgrade the firmware for Auro. That seems outrageous to me, but the difference in list prices between receivers I'm looking at that don't have Auro and that do is worse: about $1000.
I also want at least 9 amped channels. I'd like to be able to do 7.2.2. I'd like to keep cost down, but I want quality too.
Thanks for any recommendations!

I prefer Marantz over Denon for music. If this was primarily for movie playback then any quality AVR would do, assuming it has the features you need.

If your looking for 11 channels and want to keep costs down, perhaps the Marantz SR6011 would be a consideration ($999). That will give you Atmos and DTS:X, but like you said, Auro will set you back another $300. Right now, there is so little Auro content, I haven't even considered the upgrade with my Marantz. With the xx11 and xx12 series you do need at the least, a separate 2 channel amp.

I have a Marantz SR6011 and use a Emotiva UPA-7(channel) amp to drive the bed layer and AVR drives the four heights.

Back