AVERAGE WHITE BAND

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds cool, and a great venue! You could try and mention that they should reissue their AWB quad! Maybe Michael Dutton will be in attendance?
Better have a word in thier shell likes I reckon...now that would round this incredible year off...(plus all the others on the wish list!!)...(y)

I think since AF is out of the picture I can let you all in on this one. Marshall asked me if "Pick Up the Pieces" would be a good SACD for AF to release, and I said sure, it had a big hit on there and the quad mix was decent. He ended up not going for it because "there wasn't much on there other than the hit".

However, the same could be said for a lot of other quads they put out. Oh well, this may make it to D-V some day if they end up connecting with Warner Special Products.

AWB have announced more UK dates in 2019
https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/average-white-band
1545571624457.png

I think since AF is out of the picture I can let you all in on this one. Marshall asked me if "Pick Up the Pieces" would be a good SACD for AF to release, and I said sure, it had a big hit on there and the quad mix was decent. He ended up not going for it because "there wasn't much on there other than the hit".

However, the same could be said for a lot of other quads they put out. Oh well, this may make it to D-V some day if they end up connecting with Warner Special Products.
If ever a track belonged on Steve's various artist surround SACD, it was Pick Up The Pieces. Marshall himself said why.

(just seen this!!)

speechless

:cry:

Yep, We really need D-V to release this Quad

oh man..
..i just can't believe it..
no hype, this news actually hurts.
i adore the album and the Quad mix is superb, easily one of WEA's best imho.
if there's any justice DV or maybe even Rhino themselves are eyeing this one for a new surround release. keeping everything crossed...

I was amazed when I discovered it had been released in Quad (yep a good mix), great album, 1974 also saw Ace with their "Five-A-Side" LP containing "How Long" hit the charts - wish that had been mixed in Quad as well.

Back