Bandcamp - 5.1 surround music releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not worthy of that, thanks, I am still learning. Sean has also done some nice mixes for stems and multis.

When I finish my room and get my sub placement right, I can really crack on. In the pipeline: Linkin Park singles collection, Lady Gaga best of, S. Wonder EP, Bowie EP(EPS 5 tracks).

Slayer Track EP mixed
Metallica Death Magnetic Mixed
Plus lots of other tracks.

Well its good to give praise and credit where its due.. and nobody ever got anywhere by hiding their light under a bushel :eek:

Sean has done amazing stuff yeah! :upthumb

Keep it up, you're to be encouraged imho there's not enough of that these days.. meantime, please keep us up to date on your discussions with Bandcamp artists and which one's are offering stems/multis?

I don't know if anyone has.
I bought years ago the deluxe box of Dream Theater "Black Clouds & Silver Linings".
In this box there is a DVD with the stems of that album.
Perhaps I will try to do a surround mix soon. :)

Add to that the Ambient/Electronic album "Metastasia" by our very own OdysseyMusik! :)

https://odysseymusik.bandcamp.com/releases

Available in 5.1 and 7.1. Bit more info here.

I have been listening to the 5.1 version for a while now and really like the music on this album.
Its a nice mix of 70,s and a modern Proggy instrumental style and really is quite good.
Has anyone else had some time to give this album a try out?

Bandcamp is such a great place to find some excellent music and to find a 5.1 mix too.........even better.
Thats how i initially found this Odyssey album........just browsing about.
For someone like me who has to be careful with the pennies ........bandcamp is a must.
Great thread.

Yup I found it also quite a nice release, along with the Nexus Six Grange Point, and the Nexus Six jam session, all of which I was lucky enough to be able to download and burn after giving them a good review on facebook. Very decent 5.1 mixes and nice textures all throughout!

I have been listening to the 5.1 version for a while now and really like the music on this album.
Its a nice mix of 70,s and a modern Proggy instrumental style and really is quite good.
Has anyone else had some time to give this album a try out?

Bandcamp is such a great place to find some excellent music and to find a 5.1 mix too.........even better.
Thats how i initially found this Odyssey album........just browsing about.
For someone like me who has to be careful with the pennies ........bandcamp is a must.
Great thread.

Thx Joechip And Colman!
When first the 5.1 mix is done it's easy to make a 7.1 mix and a 4.0 mix! Just made the quad mix today.
I guess Metastasia is the only album in 2.0 / 4.0 / 5.1 / 7.1..... every band should do that;)

Thx Joechip And Colman!
When first the 5.1 mix is done it's easy to make a 7.1 mix and a 4.0 mix! Just made the quad mix today.
I guess Metastasia is the only album in 2.0 / 4.0 / 5.1 / 7.1..... every band should do that;)

I have,nt got the 4.0 version.........send it me now !
Quick , quick !

2 days left for free download if you'll write a review of:
Odyssey Metastaia in 2.0, 4.0, 5.1 & 7.1
Nexus Six in 2.0 & 5.1
4424 flac

The few who like progressive ambient music can hear our album Metastasia on Bandcamp or Youtube free.
If some of you would like to get the 5.1 or 7.1 multichannel flac files then you can buy Metastasia on Bandcamp OR you can get them free next month if you promise to write a review on facebook or in here (and I'll make a screenshot for our facebook page: a review betveen 2 lines to 99;)

2 out of 3 members of Odyssey made another band Nexus Six and the album La Grange Point. That’s a tribute to the music of the 70's especially Frank Zappa, Weather Report, David Gilmour/Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Alan Parsons and ELP. That is also mixed in 2.0 and 5.1 surroundsound. Check it out on Bandcamp if you like.
Get the 5.1 mix free next month of La Grange Point if you promise to write a review on facebook or in here.
There is also a free 2.0 and 5.1 mix of the live album: ‘Nexus Six Live Jamsession 20/8 2012

Have fun!:)

Hi fellow multichannel fans

Give this band a listen ......its well worth 30 mins of bandcamp listening.
Write a review ....and you get 2.0 , 4.0 , 5.1 and 7.1 flac files free......its as simple as that ! as they say.
Thats 2.0 for those that want stereo only , 4.0 for the oldies , 5.1 for the majority and 7.1 for those that have lots of speakers.
This band has put time and effort to do these mixes for you and is planning more in the future ( i hope i,m right on that )
They have a ludicrous amount of music from jam sessions to listen to , as well.
We all want more MC ....so lets encourage and support those that are willing to spend time doing this.
You all rave about supporting Steven Wilson.......
It is also right to support Odyssey.

Have a listen.....i guarantee you,ll like it.
You,ve got less than 2 days now to listen to it , write a small review and receive multichannel heaven free.

Thanks
Joechip

How do I get the 5.1 mix to review? Or is the idea to review the Stereo stuff on Bandcamp to get a free copy of the 5.1 mix? ;)

Another bandcamp 5.1 release and another ( like Odyssey ) that is free to download.
Monsuun by Monsuun
https://monsuun.bandcamp.com/album/monsuun
Look for the yellowish (?) google drive link.
Keep them coming boys ;-)

The mp4 files are multichannel (48 kHz 460 kbps) while the wav files are stereo.

Nice rock!
What a polite band!:)

EDIT: Heard the waves should be 5.1 and when I now download one file at a time they are in 5.1 !
11 hours ago I downloaded the folder 'wav' and got stereo. Maybe the link is right now!

Great music! Can only recommend it!!!!!

Back