Bass Rolls Off With Dolby Atmos & DTS Neural X

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghalteman

I've Noticed On my New Yamaha Aventage RX-A870 Atmos Receiver that unless I use the "Pure Direct" Mode (which shuts off the Video circuitry and Atmos decoders), Bass in the Main speakers is crossed over to the sub in these Surround Modes. I liked my Old Yamaha. It didn't do that. I had plenty of Bass and could select where the crossover took place!! Any way to "Fool" the YPAO setup? Even if I unplug the sub during the initial setup, the receiver will still cross over the Bass higher than my beefy Boston Acoustics VR-975's need. I'm not fond of the lack of bass in the 'Atmos" modes!!

Wel, you’re Yamaha is working the way it should. So, the only other option, along with setting speakers to large while listening to the Surround modes is to turn off your subwoofer within the setup menu.

I FINALLY found the setting for Full Range to all speakers under the Parametric EQ menu. The "THROUGH" setting along with setting all speakers to Large allows FULL RANGE to all speakers .

Back