Be-Bop Deluxe in surround! (“Drastic Plastic” out in 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, fifty quid ain't so bad. I first heard this band on the late, great John Peels radio show and still have a mono tape of it somewhere. I used to spend hours recording his show on tapes...must try to find them.
Anyways I digress..pre-ordered ta.

I recorded them on cassettes in stereo in the 80s -- then digitized them! Some of the unreleased Peel sessions I put on a torrent site that I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with (dimeadozen.org) which I liked because it was legal downloads. Over time I guess a lot of have been released and so they can't be shared. . . .

Hope they “remaster” the cover art as well. If you move the see through glass/plastic container around her and the carpet, and make it cleaner so it’s her naked wearing only but heels 👠 holding a guitar burning against a sunburst finish (even removing the band and title from the front) it would have been such an iconic cover. A piece of art

I disagree. Leave the artwork alone! Why fuck with it? It's not needed. Just look at the RUSH reissues with the changed/modern artwork. They look stupid and there is absolutely no reason to have messed with them.

This has great potential as Sunburst Finish is one of my most favorite albums to listen with headphones :phones (along with Zep II and Hendrix Electric Ladyland) great stereo mix with lots going on, well all the Be Bop albums have great mixes so yeah bring them on too! If done right Sunburst Finish could be one of the best in surround! And the cover is a work of art as it is, so I vote leave it alone (y)

It's starting to pop up on US retailers sites:

Import CDs: $49.19
Deep Discount: $52.60
Amazon USA: No price listed yet

Deep Discount has been having frequent 15% off sales so that $52.60 price [at least for me/NO sales tax] would be $44.71 delivered price. Won't be released until mid November....so plenty of time to pre~order.

Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon is neck in neck with Apple to become the first TRILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION in History.

And WTF is right! Boycott the MF and order from another company.

Yep. Deep Discount will be be the way to go for me. I have not ordered from them before. Does anyone know how they package something like a fragile box set? I hate when stuff arrives damaged!

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW!!! I come back from vacation and the board tells me this, WOW. Bill is a genius!!! Lets hope for all five releases!!! I have every thing Bill did on vinyl solo and BBD, all British pressings. I have Live in the Air Age pressing with the white vinyl ep, what a great live album. My first exposure was Modern Music, alt-psychedelic. Love when the radio is getting tuned in and all the songs are BBD- 10 minute opus, what a track! I melted a few girls harts with that one.

Now Amazon is listing this as "Currently Unavailable" and is now NOT available for pre-order.

Maybe they are adjusting their ridiculous price. haahahahahahahaaaa

It's back up on Amazon for $81.99 again. When are these morons going to realize that $81.99 is the list price? hahahahahahahaaaa

Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon is neck in neck with Apple to become the first TRILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION in History.
And WTF is right! Boycott the MF and order from another company.

Drastic Plastic is the only BBD vinyl album I own and I love it. Last September I ordered the Futuristic Manifesto set which includes all 5 BBD albums and unreleased material on 5 cd's. I paid $19.10 from Amazon. Today it is listed on Amazon for $142.29!!! :eek:

Back