HiRez Poll Beatles, The - THE BEATLES (The White Album) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - THE BEATLES (The White Album)

• Total voters
Multiple choice question about Revolution 9:

A. I'm a paranoid schizophreniac

B. This song is a direct rip off of Pink Floyd

C. This song is a musical Monster (in a good way)

D. I can't believe this was created 50 years ago
When the album first came out (yeah, I am that old), I thought is was just a 9 minute filler of John & Yoko trying to be artsy. It was one of those things that you listened to once or twice then skipped it when playing the album. The 5.1 mix really opens it up and now I think it is really interesting. I vote C (although I think of it more as a sound collage than music).

When the album first came out (yeah, I am that old), I thought is was just a 9 minute filler of John & Yoko trying to be artsy. It was one of those things that you listened to once or twice then skipped it when playing the album. The 5.1 mix really opens it up and now I think it is really interesting. I vote C (although I think of it more as a sound collage than music).
I bought this album in 1984 and hated this track (played it twice). I agree the 5.1 mix transforms it.

I bought this album in 1984 and hated this track (played it twice). I agree the 5.1 mix transforms it.
It was a lot harder to assemble and record that track back then than it would be nowadays. I must have played it way too much because I remember most parts.

Multiple choice question about Revolution 9:

A. I'm a paranoid schizophreniac

B. This song is a direct rip off of Pink Floyd

C. This song is a musical Monster (in a good way)

D. I can't believe this was created 50 years ago
C.
First time I heard it, at least all the way through, was when I was 18 I think, from the cassette deck of my friend's car, when we were all tripping (I know, we shouldn't have been driving, but we somehow survived). It blew my mind then, as you might well imagine under the circumstances, and it still does... I think it's great (even when sober), and an essential component of the sprawling, overreaching glory that is the White Album.

Has anyone had a problem with the surround menu from this blu-ray disc? I finally got this today but it will not advance out of the stereo mode.

I have already tried two other blu-ray discs (with no problems) to eliminate system failure.

Any advice before I request a return label from Amazon would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Has anyone had a problem with the surround menu from this blu-ray disc? I finally got this today but it will not advance out of the stereo mode.

I have already tried two other blu-ray discs (with no problems) to eliminate system failure.

Thanks,
Robert

I'm just wondering how you are trying to do it, I'm playing mine now, I'll describe how I got there: when the disc starts up choose the surround option, hit OK, the disc starts playing in stereo, use your up arrow (counter intuitive, I know) to get to the Audio options, then use right arrow to choose DTS or Dolby, hit OK, I hope that's easy enough to follow, I know not all remotes have the buttons marked the same. You probably know and have done all that, but I just wanted to remove any doubt.

Thanks,
Robert
From what I remember it’s how they implemented the selection of user options. The highlighting scheme is not terribly visible and it’s counterintuitive.

Well I finally got the disc to cooperate, I had to scroll through the song list and make it skip down to the audio options, (which it wouldn't allow me to do earlier).
Attempts to use the Oppo -95 remote on the fly gave me a "Operation blocked by disc" message.

I will post my review of the album after some more listening.

Thanks everyone for your input,
Robert

Back