HiRez Poll Beatles, The - THE BEATLES (The White Album) [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of The Beatles - THE BEATLES (The White Album)

• Total voters
I am by no means a surround sound expert, but I am truly missing the magic of this release. I am spending much of my time looking behind me to see what I am not hearing. I have to boost my rear speaker levels to feel like I am getting the surround sound experience. Maybe it is my tinnitus (see other thread). In any case, I am enjoying the other treats in the release.

I am by no means a surround sound expert, but I am truly missing the magic of this release. I am spending much of my time looking behind me to see what I am not hearing. I have to boost my rear speaker levels to feel like I am getting the surround sound experience. Maybe it is my tinnitus (see other thread). In any case, I am enjoying the other treats in the release.

There's nothing wrong with messing with the levels of the surrounds to suit your taste. Ditto with adjusting the bass and treble controls. That's why they make them adjustable on the fly. Used to be a PITA before the days of remotes, but nowadays it's easy.

OK...
I have been listening to this LP for a long time, ever since.. 1976(???), have grown to love the different aspects of it (Revolution 9 anyone?) but just a couple of days ago I realized how IMMENSE this LP is....
These guys had the world grabbed by the balls, they were gods and yet, they figured out that they HAD to reinvent themselves after Brian's death... and yeah, they created Apple Corps which was a diversion, but their real meat and potatoes was their MUSIC..
SO
Back to the drawing board...
they had grown musically and they were STILL a group cause they did not isolate themselves from the rest of their brothers.. yes, they had to take control but it was a "do or die" situation...
kudos to them for reinventing themselves and having a plain white cover and portraits of ALL four of them with NO emotion whatsoever on their faces...emotion was given to you by the MUSIC...
a lot of stuff you had not heard which is on this MCH mix is welcome...the mix is strong enough to reveal the secrets but at the same time it does nor make the music "fall apart"..
these guys knew their shit and that is why they will always be the most influential Pop/Rock group of all time...

gotta listen to this a few more times and be flabbergasted...
Ole'!

For this particular album, I like to turn the front three speakers down -2dB and the sub up a good bit, and once I do, good lord! :SB

My copy from amazonDE arrived this week. Yes I caved in and bought this due to white album envy......every teenagers lament. Plus I cant stand hearing everybody rave about this. This fall is setting a record for music expenditures for me...box sets new expanded cds like Badfinger, a new John Coltrane collection.....and new surround discoveries from reading this site (oh yes just got another Japanese 7 inch Jeff Beck sacd).
And of course I will buy box sets for Revolver and Abbey Road when they come out.......even A hard Days Night :eek:
Help me if you can.........my wallet has blisters.

My copy from amazonDE arrived this week. Yes I caved in and bought this due to white album envy......every teenagers lament. Plus I cant stand hearing everybody rave about this. This fall is setting a record for music expenditures for me...box sets new expanded cds like Badfinger, a new John Coltrane collection.....and new surround discoveries from reading this site (oh yes just got another Japanese 7 inch Jeff Beck sacd).
And of course I will buy box sets for Revolver and Abbey Road when they come out.......even A hard Days Night :eek:
Help me if you can.........my wallet has blisters.
After all that, you didn't even say if you liked what you hear... :)

For this particular album, I like to turn the front three speakers down -2dB and the sub up a good bit, and once I do, good lord! :SB
Froggy, I tested this out. On my system, the surround sounds perfectly balanced, actually. Lowering the front 3 speakers by even 2db made the surrounds sound very dominant. Now, there is something irritating about this mix though. I usually listen to albums at 75 db. I have to bring this one down a few db or it gets irritating fast. Lowering the whole thing, though, it's fine.
:rocks

Froggy, I tested this out. On my system, the surround sounds perfectly balanced, actually. Lowering the front 3 speakers by even 2db made the surrounds sound very dominant. Now, there is something irritating about this mix though. I usually listen to albums at 75 db. I have to bring this one down a few db or it gets irritating fast. Lowering the whole thing, though, it's fine.
:rocks

There's nothing, IMO, wrong with the remix. I just think both this and Pepper were EQed at higher than normal levels as doubtful late 60's analogue tape went much beyond 15kHz. ALL the remixes on the LOVE album do not have this 'tizzy' trebly top end.

There's nothing, IMO, wrong with the remix. I just think both this and Pepper were EQed at higher than normal levels as doubtful late 60's analogue tape went much beyond 15kHz. ALL the remixes on the LOVE album do not have this 'tizzy' trebly top end.
Just reportin' what my ears are hearin'! I can't listen to this long at my typical volume, but have to bring it down 3 to 5 db. Why? That's a good question.

Back