Beck, Bogert & Appice in SACD Surround Sound from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Newly announced from Sony Music Japan - the classic album Beck, Bogert & Appice in SACD Surround Sound from Sony Japan.
Pre-orders being taken by Disk Union in Japan. Release date is July 20, 2016.

"1972 saw the Jeff Beck Group disbanded. Once finally achieved unprecedented power trio consisting of Tim Bogert of the original Vanilla Fudge - Cactus that was up to the idea of Jeff Beck (Bass) and Carmine Appice (Drums). The style of Beck's guitar facing the rhythm section, which boasts an overwhelming technique, just rocked the world of the dream band. "Lady" and "There's Something About You" was overwhelmed by a muscular sound groovy to burst on songs like Stevie Wonder's "Superstition".

This work is what the world's first appearance "SACD multi-hybrid board" (SACD 5.1CH, SACD 2CH, CD) + "7-Inch Paper jacket". 5.1 Surround, and version-up to the 5.1CH from hybrid board as well 4.0 CH of an analog-to-master and digital remastered "Blow-by-Blow" of 4 Channel panel that appeared in the early '70s (quadraphonic), stereo board and can enjoy the surround mix of astonishment of different dimension (as if each panned vividness of the musical instrument to CH is listening to like live music in front of the eyes!). CD layer also adopted the first master of the 4CH master to 2MIX, more dry live feeling is increased, it has become a very natural sound image."

Beck Bogert Appice.jpg

Beck, Bogert & Appice
Hybrid Multichannel SACD
Sony Music Entertainment Japan EICP-10002
Release Date: July 20, 2016

http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/RT160516-BBA-00

Wow! Even in multi-channel huh? :)

That's what the pre-order says. I'm guessing that Sony Japan had success sales wise with the Deluxe Edition of Blow by Blow by Jeff Beck.
This Multichannel SACD sounds like a similar special edition.

This may sound like a dumb question...but why doesn't "Sony Japan" have an outlet in the US? I assume anything you buy from them is coming from Japan? I've never ordered anything from them....nor do I even know if it's reasonable cost wise to do such a thing...??

This may sound like a dumb question...but why doesn't "Sony Japan" have an outlet in the US? I assume anything you buy from them is coming from Japan? I've never ordered anything from them....nor do I even know if it's reasonable cost wise to do such a thing...??

Probably for the same reason SONY closed their SACD pressing plant in Terre Haute, Indiana.....to SAVE money.

The Cost will be around $50, GOS and if you notice, the DTS RBCD of that album is currently going for the same price (and it's nothing special, SQ~wise).

But the album is great.

Probably for the same reason SONY closed their SACD pressing operation in Terre Haute, Indiana.....to SAVE money.

The Cost will be around $50, Gos and if you notice, the DTS RBCD of that album is currently going for the same price (and it's nothing special, SQ~wise).

But the album is great.

OK, $50 huh? I would have to really, really love something to spend that much money on it. You know, like if this were something like a multi-channel Black Sabbath or something like that. But, this title is just one of dozens I mildly know...of course if it were $25...I'd buy it. :)

Patience my friend...release date is 2 months away...I imagine the usual suspects will have it(importcds...elusive disc)...if not I will let you know where to order it..

Clint, Deep Discount currently lists the Japanese mch SACD Import of Blow by Blow for $65 http://www.deepdiscount.com/blow-by-blow/4547366212921

They have the list price as $95 and don't forget....this puppy was OUT OF PHASE.

I know...for some reason I see that same thing with other old versions of titles on their site...that's why I didn't mention them in my post...they aren't the only one that does that..the Dark Side Of The Moon SACD which had sold for $10 for years was priced very high recently as an out of print item....maybe some collector might want it....although deepdiscount has some imports...that's really not the focus of their business...but importcds(the name gives it away)usually offers titles like this and so does elusive disc....I'd be surprised if it was not available at importcds...it's just too early to see any information yet

well, that's great news...
I have a minty SQ LP, but I think that 5.1 is overkill; how much can you do with 1 gtr, 1 bass and a drumset in 5.1? (they are all great , though)

Yes, this will probably be very expensive, but still, I'm just glad another Jeff Beck album is being released on Multichannel SACD as opposed to yet another release of "Blow by Blow", lol
One has to wonder if a similar release of "Rough and Ready" could follow. That album has never had an SACD release at all.

One also has to wonder if despite the expense on our part Sony Japan could release more Multichannel SACDs for albums that are currently 'Quadblocked' here in the US. Santana's "Abraxas" would be another great one. Let's see where this all goes from here. :)

Yes, this will probably be very expensive, but still, I'm just glad another Jeff Beck album is being released on Multichannel SACD as opposed to yet another release of "Blow by Blow", lol
One has to wonder if a similar release of "Rough and Ready" could follow. That album has never had an SACD release at all.

One also has to wonder if despite the expense on our part Sony Japan could release more Multichannel SACDs for albums that are currently 'Quadblocked' here in the US. Santana's "Abraxas" would be another great one. Let's see where this all goes from here. :)

I like the way you think there....good point. It sure would be a good one...

CD Japan is another option to look at when this one gets closer to release.

I would bet that this is going to be 4.0 quad, like the Blow by Blow, just using the quad master. The people putting the ad together are probably using the term '5.1' as a pseudonym for surround sound. To them anything surround is 5.1

Of course, I could be wrong but I can't imagine them creating a new mix of this album, and I doubt that DTS Entertainments "fake center channel" mix ever left their building. Tad would know for sure

Back