Best Surround Albums not listed in Polls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed quite a few of my favourite albums missing from the polls list. Some of them will probably attract too few voters to matter, but I was also interested in others' possibly missing favs, so here goes in no particular order:
  • Kraftwerk - 3D Katalog (Blu-Ray // any edition)
  • Engine-Earz Experience - Symbol (Blu-Ray)
  • Booka Shade - Galvany Street (Blu-Ray)
  • Cornelius - Five Point One (DVD-Video)
  • Miles Davis - In a Silent Way (SACD)
  • Beyoncé - Beyoncé (Blu-Ray)
  • Benjamin Biolay & Chiara Mastroianni - Home (SACD)
  • Symbion Project - Arcadian (Flac)
  • Fischerspooner - #1 (DVD-Video)
  • Orbital - The Altogether (DVD-Video)

Hi:

I am listening now the Fischerspooner #1 5.1 remix. At the end of the track 3 the disc stop and goes to the tracks menu. Is this a problem only in my disc?

Thanks

The Allman Brothers Band ‎–
At Fillmore East: The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings

Label:
Mercury ‎– 0602537736973, Universal Music Group International ‎– 0602537736973
Format:
3 × Blu-ray, Blu-ray Audio, Stereo, Multichannel
"Newly remixed from the original multi-tracks in 96KHz / 24-Bit high resolution 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo"
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 - Dolby TrueHD 5.1 - Dolby TrueHD Stereo
Released:
28 Jul 2014
Notes
Tracks 1-1 to 1-7, 1-9, 1-11, 1-13, 2-4, 2-7 to 2-9 & 3-1 (Introduction only): Previously unreleased.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Allman-...1971-Fillmore-East-Recordings/release/6054647

R-6054647-1409913647-2440.jpeg.jpg
Found this thread as i was looking for a poll. NO POLL ON THIS? The original SACD of Fillmore East has a poll but not this offering. I was very pleasantly impressed by this set both for surround and stereo. I found it for a good price a couple of years ago. I really like Idlewild South Blu-ray, but let's face it, this band absolutely shines on the long format jams. This one IS a dream and I highly recommend it. I try to listen to one night (concert) at a time, very clean and the performances are so special especially when you consider this is live.

Found this thread as i was looking for a poll. NO POLL ON THIS? The original SACD of Fillmore East has a poll but not this offering. I was very pleasantly impressed by this set both for surround and stereo. I found it for a good price a couple of years ago. I really like Idlewild South Blu-ray, but let's face it, this band absolutely shines on the long format jams. This one IS a dream and I highly recommend it. I try to listen to one night (concert) at a time, very clean and the performances are so special especially when you consider this is live.

IMHO the best surround version of Fillmore is the DTS-CD with the quad mix. It's super discrete with the two lead guitars isolated in each rear speaker.

Damn! Now I'll need to get that one too... I assume you compared the quad dts-cd to the blu-ray?

Had they included the ultra discrete DTS remix on the three BD~A Set of Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East....as there was PLENTY of room to do so, this would've been THE definitive release. Why they didn't remains puzzling!

I bet some are just reluctant to pay the $250 "just to find out" if they can even play the blu-ray, which is Region 2 only, and of the four (gee, only four...?) versions available, only the most expensive one offers the Atmos mix.

I bet some are just reluctant to pay the $250 "just to find out" if they can even play the blu-ray, which is Region 2 only, and of the four (gee, only four...?) versions available, only the most expensive one offers the Atmos mix.

I don't know where you get your info from, Dilly D but the Kraftwerk 3D boxset with the BD~A/V is currently $120 [with VAT removed] delivered from AmazonUK and it plays just fine in my Region 1 OPPO/and Sony X800. A phenomenal set with tons of 3D videos and astounding Atmos 3D sound.

This should've been, IMO, the Surround album [set] of the YEAR [2017].

61IX4puB9cL._SL1425_.jpg

BTW, the stand alone BD~A/V is region free [Regions A, B and C] and also includes DOLBY ATMOS!

71s7T6D2GCL._SL1009_.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know where you get your info from, Dilly D but the Kraftwerk 3D boxset with the BD~A/V is currently $120 [with VAT removed] delivered from AmazonUK and it plays just fine in my Region 1 OPPO/and Sony X800. A phenomenal set with tons of 3D videos and astounding Atmos 3D sound.

This should've been, IMO, the Surround album [set] of the YEAR [2017].

61IX4puB9cL._SL1425_.jpg

BTW, the stand alone BD~A/V is region free [Regions A, B and C] and also includes DOLBY ATMOS!

71s7T6D2GCL._SL1009_.jpg
I am hoping for a little help here. What exactly is the standalone version? Are these studio recordings in multi-channel? I don't know Kraftwerk's music, but I am sucker for anything multi-channel done well. How does the single disc stand alone rate, in your opinion? I see it on Amazon, but uncertain as to how much this thing is, (there are many versions, a few I am unsure of) - Bender

I am hoping for a little help here. What exactly is the standalone version? Are these studio recordings in multi-channel? I don't know Kraftwerk's music, but I am sucker for anything multi-channel done well. How does the single disc stand alone rate, in your opinion? I see it on Amazon, but uncertain as to how much this thing is, (there are many versions, a few I am unsure of) - Bender

The Kraftwerk 3D box set contains a lot more tracks than the stand alone BD~A but like the stand alone are recent re~recordings done live. If you are uncertain about the contents, then I would advise you to spring for the stand alone BD~A. If you like what you hear, then you might consider the box set at a future date.

The Allman Brothers Band ‎–
At Fillmore East: The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings

Label:
Mercury ‎– 0602537736973, Universal Music Group International ‎– 0602537736973
Format:
3 × Blu-ray, Blu-ray Audio, Stereo, Multichannel
"Newly remixed from the original multi-tracks in 96KHz / 24-Bit high resolution 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo"
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 - Dolby TrueHD 5.1 - Dolby TrueHD Stereo
Released:
28 Jul 2014
Notes
Tracks 1-1 to 1-7, 1-9, 1-11, 1-13, 2-4, 2-7 to 2-9 & 3-1 (Introduction only): Previously unreleased.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Allman-...1971-Fillmore-East-Recordings/release/6054647

R-6054647-1409913647-2440.jpeg.jpg
How come this version never made the polls? This is my favorite version :)

Can someone please tell me what the difference between the Red Cover for the DTS vs Black Cover of the DTS of ABB Live at the Filmore East is? If any

Back