Beyoncé - Visual Album Blu Ray 5.1 PCM 24/48

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad part is the DVD is not 5.1. I bought it the day it came out and it is stereo only. Now I have to buy it again on BluRay. Booooooooo

The sad part is the DVD is not 5.1. I bought it the day it came out and it is stereo only. Now I have to buy it again on BluRay. Booooooooo

Damn i just ordered it. Too late to cancel.

I gave that disc a first spin... Not that Bad surroundwise... Some nice Rnb Stuff with good use of the sub and also the Rears.

With the budget of Beyoncé&Jay Z this not a surprise that spend so much effort in creating for each song of the Album expensive Videos and this additional 5.1 Version. A normal record label would not invest that much.

Oh I think it much better than that! The mix may not be of the the ES/SW level of excellence but it is certainly "good." ..... not essential but certainly fun!

Turns out it is an Elliot Scheiner mix after all. It just won the Grammy for Best Surround Sound Album last night.

How incredible that no mention was made in any of the marketing that a 5.1 mix was available or, on the packaging, who had done it. Like most of my 5.1 loving friends I completely missed this and have just belatedly ordered a copy.

I confirm the DVD is stereo only and that's the biggest SCAM I've ever seen from a record label, and trust me I've seen hundreds of them.

F...... Beyonce and all her staff. Bought it only for the Scheiner mix, I loathe the "music". So you record labels talk about "music industry crisis" ? Well take good look at your mirror, you scumbags.

PS : Of course, not rebuying it in BD.

I confirm the DVD is stereo only and that's the biggest SCAM I've ever seen from a record label, and trust me I've seen hundreds of them.

F...... Beyonce and all her staff. Bought it only for the Scheiner mix, I loathe the "music". So you record labels talk about "music industry crisis" ? Well take good look at your mirror, you scumbags.

PS : Of course, not rebuying it in BD.

Surely you can return it to the place you bought it from explaining the misunderstanding, and replace it with the BD, rather than rebuying.

The 5.1 mix on the Blu-Ray disc is excellent, but if you hate the music to begin with, I'm not sure that's any reason to buy it, unless you're a serious ES completist.

I'm not really a completist, but rather curious. After all we're talking Scheiner here.

Of course, given the way that record is being sold (no content on the back, no credits whatsoever except for the songwriters), my curiosity killed the cat in me.

The 5.1 surround mix was done after the initial CD/DVD release. Beyonce was released as a digital only album via ITunes on 12/13/13. The CD/DVD version was released on 12/20/13. ES was asked to complete the new surround mix over the 2013 Christmas holiday and the CD/BD was released in March of 2014.

This album was released without the usual major label push - there was, in fact no pre publicity at all. The hordes of songwriting, makeup, and assorted music biz lackey credits in the booklet are excessive but hardly surprising given the artist involved. The fact that the packaging contains no credit for ES or mention of a 5.1 mix is nothing more than typical label oversight. The booklet contains no mention of anything regarding the bluray!

The major labels are indeed evil entities deserving of all the vitriol spewed in their general direction but re- exploiting a hit release with multiple versions containing bonus tracks and/or alternate mixes is hardly a new phenomenon - despicable, yes but taking the cake? No.

There have been multiple posts here on QQ since March with information pertaining to the mix. The mere fact that they even bothered to go back and remix this into surround after the initial release - by none other than ES himself is actually a point in their favor IMO.

A blu-ray that isn't even for sale in my country... Well, whatever. I'm too angry now to think straight.

Damn it Amazon, I searched for it but it wouldn't say "+ BluRay" !!!

Thanks for the link, but there's no way I'm buying this twice now.

Giving this another run through tonight via ext 7.1 on my AVR while playing PGA golf on the PS3 and this is an excellent mix, Beyonce has a great voice and there are some killer songs on this album. I think this is better enjoyed wihout the videos so that you can focus on the music (and the subwoofer is rocking).

If your interested in feminism and sexual politics then add a few more stars as, lyrically, this espouses an aggressive sexuality from the female perspective - I'm so used to it from a male perspective that it's both confronting respect worthy at the same time.

Cheers

Martin

Giving this another run through tonight via ext 7.1 on my AVR while playing PGA golf on the PS3 and this is an excellent mix, Beyonce has a great voice and there are some killer songs on this album. I think this is better enjoyed wihout the videos so that you can focus on the music (and the subwoofer is rocking).

If your interested in feminism and sexual politics then add a few more stars as, lyrically, this espouses an aggressive sexuality from the female perspective - I'm so used to it from a male perspective that it's both confronting respect worthy at the same time.

Cheers

Martin

The main thing I do not like about Beyonces songs is the ungodly, unintelligible terminology. The grammar is atrocious.

Do you know what the story is behind this ES surround mix? Was it an idea of ES, Beyonce's management or her label?

That's funny! Not my type of music but I've always wanted to have two different surround mixes on one disc. One that is playful and the other more conservative. :)

The AIX DVD-A's have Stage & Audience mixes on the same disc afaik, there's a Monster or two with more than one surround mix of the same stuff, "In Your Room" and "In Studio" sonething like that, pretty cool!

Edit: Sorry, by Monster I mean those "HDS" DTS DVD's Monster Music did.. there's a George Benson/Al Jarreau one with two different 5.1 mixes for sure, I was playing it the other day I was curious which mix I'd ripped in DVDae (I'm learning, go easy! :eek: ) turns out it was the Studio one.. great stuff! (y)

Edit: Sorry, by Monster I mean those "HDS" DTS DVD's Monster Music did.. there's a George Benson/Al Jarreau one with two different 5.1 mixes for sure, I was playing it the other day I was curious which mix I'd ripped in DVDae (I'm learning, go easy! :eek: ) turns out it was the Studio one.. great stuff! (y)

The Charlie Brown Christmas one has 3. Jazz Club, Front Row, and On Stage Concert Hall. Very cool.

Back