Big Big Train The Underfall Yard

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beistovin

Greg Spawton from Big Big Train responded to my question about them releasing their catalog in surround and he said

Scott, I am pretty sure Underfall will be mixed and re-issued in 5.1 next year, alongside a vinyl re-issue. We haven’t made a final decision yet but it will be a way of testing the market.

Great to hear, we all need to buy this, if any band were made for 5.1 it's these guys (& gal).

Agreed! I would prefer their first venture into the world of surround sound be English Electric Full Power! However I will take what they give and be grateful.

Greg Spawton from Big Big Train has again responded to a question I asked . Here is what he said

“I am sure we will be releasing The Underfall in 5.1 next year (and probably the next studio album too.) We’ll then see how it goes with regard to sales of those releases. We also have a Blu-Ray coming up in the autumn and that will be in 5.1. We hope to be in the States in the next couple of years.”

So let’s support BBT as they test the surround sound market! If you are not familiar with Big Big Train but love surround music, give them a listen! You won’t regret it!

Greg Spawton from Big Big Train has again responded to a question I asked . Here is what he said

“I am sure we will be releasing The Underfall in 5.1 next year (and probably the next studio album too.) We’ll then see how it goes with regard to sales of those releases. We also have a Blu-Ray coming up in the autumn and that will be in 5.1. We hope to be in the States in the next couple of years.”

So let’s support BBT as they test the surround sound market! If you are not familiar with Big Big Train but love surround music, give them a listen! You won’t regret it!

As much as I appreciate the issue of these albums in 5.1 it's also good to see a band re-visiting their catalogue and providing new versions with less compression. I just wish this were a general trend.

Back