Big Sale At Tower Records

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn! I just started ordering and the web site shut down. They offer a 10% discount as a consolation, but only if you order within 48 hours. Is it a mistake and they caught it or what?

DennisMabry said:
Darn! I just started ordering and the web site shut down. They offer a 10% discount as a consolation, but only if you order within 48 hours. Is it a mistake and they caught it or what?

Well my order completed and I received an E-Mail saying that my order was being processed (with the pricing I received indicated in the E-Mail) before the site shut down. I also see the coupon code coming up instead of their website. I suspect that the discs were priced wrong. I ordered 3 AIX discs for $6.74 each so I am hoping that they honour this.

The site is back up and the prices are changed. I think you got lucky, good for you!!! I think they have to honor it. I got lucky last month with the David Bowie -"Stage", on Amazon UK. It ended up costing me about $8.50 US including shipping and exchange fee. Sounds like you got a better deal!

DennisMabry said:
The site is back up and the prices are changed. I think you got lucky, good for you!!! I think they have to honor it. I got lucky last month with the David Bowie -"Stage", on Amazon UK. It ended up costing me about $8.50 US including shipping and exchange fee. Sounds like you got a better deal!

Well we will see what happens. So far I have not received a cancellation and all 3 discs are all in stock so if they are going to honour it they should be shipping soon. I have made 2 other orders with them in the last few weeks. Collectively it adds up to quite a bit so maybe they will honour it. I also got the David Bowie disc at that price except that I complained that it was taking too long to dispatch so they took the shipping charge off. It ended up being about $3 delivered.

Crashed on me, I was just clicking away adding items to my bag and the prices were certainly much better than shown. I missed out but congratulations to those of you that didn't. Most likely a mistake but who knows, was certainly weird the way it worked if it wasn't a mistake.

Chris

If I hadn't had to click on every DVD-A I thought I might have wanted but just selected 3 and checked out, I would have been ok. I kept on going back for more, some prices were really good, the $24 Al Green compilation for $14 and several similar deals including some around $10 until I got that stupid message about the site being down. Funny how the site came back up with my selections still in my bag at much higher prices. I don't fault Tower, mistakes happen and it now appears clear something went haywire, maybe pricing these titles as if they were CD's? Serves me right for being so greedy, I deserved to miss out.

Chris

Chris Gerhard said:
If I hadn't had to click on every DVD-A I thought I might have wanted but just selected 3 and checked out, I would have been ok. I kept on going back for more, some prices were really good, the $24 Al Green compilation for $14 and several similar deals including some around $10 until I got that stupid message about the site being down. Funny how the site came back up with my selections still in my bag at much higher prices. I don't fault Tower, mistakes happen and it now appears clear something went haywire, maybe pricing these titles as if they were CD's? Serves me right for being so greedy, I deserved to miss out.

Chris

I did the same thing, I was going crazy putting items in the bag when....the site went down. Then I was kicking myself for getting greedy.

Back