Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't charge you tax Ralphie....that's makes a difference when you buy box sets or multiple discs(y)

NO TAX, Clint. And what I save on Appetite for Destruction alone will pay all s/h charges on my entire order!:)

Unless I spring for expedited s/h charges, it will take a month or more to receive BB from CDJapan. I've had NO problems with damaged discs from ImportCD.

NO TAX, Clint. And what I save on Appetite for Destruction alone will pay all s/h charges on my entire order!:)

Unless I spring for expedited s/h charges, it will take a month or more to receive BB from CDJapan. I've had NO problems with damaged discs from ImportCD.

They charge me tax...but even with that.... it's a nice savings...no way should you spend for expedited shipping...you could develop Gosmosis...not a fatal disease...but an irritating one:sneaky:

Reactions: GOS
They charge me tax...but even with that.... it's a nice savings...no way should you spend for expedited shipping...you could develop Gosmosis...not a fatal disease...but an irritating one:sneaky:

Just canceled my Appetite for Destruction order with Deep Discount and placed the order with ImportCD along with Bitches Brew and several other SACDs and one BD~V. Shipping for ENTIRE order came to $11.93 and with the 10% discount I saved an ADDITIONAL $13.02......so total discount was $24.95:SB

And don't worry, Clint....NO way I'll EVER pay for expedited shipping unless my life depends on it!o_O

Unlike Gos 3.0, I have NO Appetite for Expedited Delivery!:ROFLMAO:besides, 'BRAGGING RIGHTS' are ANTEDILUVIAN!

Last edited:
My Import CDs order for this one came to $52. Lately Import CDs (and Deep Discount) have been charging sales tax for Connecticut residents. :cry:(n) Maybe they opened a warehouse here?

Anyway, it dawned on me that Bitches Brew has a total time of 94 minutes. I'm pretty sure that the 5.1 layer and the SACD stereo layer can accommodate that much playing time, but obviously the RBCD layer can't. Will this be two discs? Or maybe they remove one track from the RBCD layer so this can be a single disc?

My Import CDs order for this one came to $52. Lately Import CDs (and Deep Discount) have been charging sales tax for Connecticut residents. :cry:(n) Maybe they opened a warehouse here?

Anyway, it dawned on me that Bitches Brew has a total time of 94 minutes. I'm pretty sure that the 5.1 layer and the SACD stereo layer can accommodate that much playing time, but obviously the RBCD layer can't. Will this be two discs? Or maybe they remove one track from the RBCD layer so this can be a single disc?

It's a 2 disc set..

It's a 2 disc set..

Analogue Productions recently did a cool thing with their SACD of Todd Rundgren's Something/Anything (which unfortunately was stereo only.) Like Bitches Brew, it's a double LP with a playing time of a little over 90 minutes. So AP issued it as a 2-disc set, one SACD & one CD. The SACD had the entire double LP on the hi-res layer. On its CD layer it had the first LP. The CD had the second LP. That way anyone who was listening to the hi-res could listen to the entire album without having to switch discs. Would be cool if Sony could do that here.

Analog Spark recently did a cool thing with their SACD of Todd Rundgren's Something/Anything (which unfortunately was stereo only.) Like Bitches Brew, it's a double LP with a playing time of a little over 90 minutes. So AP issued it as a 2-disc set, one SACD & one CD. The SACD had the entire double LP on the hi-res layer. On its CD layer it had the first LP. The CD had the second LP. That way anyone who was listening to the hi-res could listen to the entire album without having to switch discs. Would be cool if Sony could do that here.

The Japanese have a more traditional approach in that if an album IS originally a two disc set, they will reissue it as a two disc set. A single layered SACD could easily accommodate Bitches Brew on 1 SACD in stereo and QUAD but as a hybrid disc, SONY Japan will spread it over two SACD discs....in the case of Santana's LOTUS....over 3 SACDs [to accommodate the third bonus disc].

Analogue Productions, has in the past, done the same as with Rundgren's Something/Anything.....released the entire two disc set on one SACD and then spread the RBCD layer onto a second RBCD.

Example: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...At_Carnegie_Hall-Hybrid_3-Channel_Stereo_SACD

And another: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94822/Peter_Paul__Mary-In_Concert-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Last edited:
I'm very tempted to pick that up, but I'm hesitating because I have three CD editions already. The Mobile Fidelity gold disc set sounds great...
I haven't heard the MFSL gold CD, as the new Analog Spark SACD is the only version I own, but others who have heard both chimed in in this SHF thread starting at the linked post.

Sony was apparently slated to release this title as part of their short-lived Multichannel SACD program around 2002, as this old catalog photo posted in another thread shows. It's unknown whether it was meant to be a new 5.1 mix or the a transfer of the old quad.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...sas-leftoverture-listed-as-coming-soon.24028/

View attachment 33005

We are still missing Texas Flood. Can't believe that would not sell very well. It is done, put it out!!

I live in Wa State, the last order I got from importcds had sales tax on it.
Ordered BB from CDJapan.
If the price differential is not that much living on the West Coast I get stuff from the near East fairly fast.

Ordered from importcds. Now for the wait until Aug. Although I have the SQ LP's & they decode extremely well using a Audionics-Tate, they are used & I can't pass up having a discreet 4.0 disc of this pivotal jazz recording :cool: Plus, I love Miles Davis, classic early or fusion! He was one of the greats.

I’m wondering whether they’ll include the original stereo mix or the remix in this reissue. This is the description on CDJapan: Its 2 channel features the latest remastering, derived from the original analog masters.

My guess would be the excellent sounding stereo master from the original analogue master tapes utilized by MoFi for their Bitches Brew Stereo SACD a few moons ago! https://www.musicdirect.com/optical...brew-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-2-x-sacd

Back