Black Sabbath 70's singles vinyl box set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:unsure: GOS 3.0 bought 2 copies yet? :)

The poster formerly known as GOS 3.0(now known as merely G)won't buy this set..although he does love Sabbath and especially Ozzy...I can't see him getting this...

I will answer correct to each of your observations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow read this part of advertisement
"along with the story behind the birth and evolution of the most culturally important genre of all time."

I mean... it looks cool. Neat novelty release. Bigger on novelty than delivering audio content kind of a release FWIW.
I thought I was a Sabbath fan but I'm not familiar with those particular radio edits (or forgot about them intentionally). These would have been radio DJ produced sounding edits as was common at the time though right? The crude edits you heard on various 45rpm singles around the era that sounded like they were knocked out by some DJ. Often shockingly crude by today's standards with mis-timed tape splice edits. It was a thing. It happened. It may as well be preserved - if for no other reason than to save someone from spending silly money on some rare old 45 that just had a lo-fi copy of a crude edit on it. An expensive collectors edition like this around stuff like that though? Well, alright.

I'd be more interested in a Black Sabbath collection that focuses on preserving the original fidelity in the masters. What the sam heck is the deal with Sabbath albums being SO freaking hard to find good sounding copies of? Can we do something about that before the novelty vinyl sets? Anyone else heard that last appalling box set release available on HDTracks (with the usual complete lack of providence)? Stepped on copies with harsh high end hype eq much like various CD releases over the years. They may have just as well released that hash in mp3 format only. When you need to go after old Nems pressings (not the best at their best) and consumer made and shared copies of the Q4 for Paranoid for the best preserved fidelity, something's wrong.

Looks cool though.

No, not radio DJs involved with edits. Record company sometimes and often other times the producer with close contact with artist with do the trim, nip, and fade.

Back