Brand New Denon AVR x4400h Goes into Protect Mode Immediately

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got bought a Denon AVR x4400h receiver that arrived yesterday. I ended up setting up part of my future speaker system on it (center and surround R), during which the receiver worked perfectly. I turned the receiver off, and I turned it back on later this night to continue working on the settings. It immediately goes into protect mode (Flashing red LED). I disconnected the speaker wires one by one until nothing was connected to it (not even the antennas for wifi/bluetooth) and it is still going into protect mode immediately after turning on. I tried resetting to factory it by holding info, back, and power - the "Initialize" screen comes up, but as soon as the receiver starts up it immediately goes into protect mode. I've even tried multiple power outlets. Thanks for reading. Denon support is closed until Monday so I thought I'd run it by you guys real quick to see if I'm not missing anything simple. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Video: https://streamable.com/bvp2z

If you have nothing plugged into it and it's still going into protect mode, and it's brand new, just send it back for a replacement. From what I've read online, a stray tiny strand from a speaker wire touching the opposite post causes this problem frequently, but if you literally have nothing hooked into the powered speaker outputs, it must be internal.

Back