Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LizardKing brought up OD's blog in another thread (on Michael Martin Murphey's "Swans Against the Sun"), and when visiting the blog, I was pretty disgusted to find that a week ago a Q4 transfer of "The Best of Bread" was posted for FREE download.

Now normally I am all for digital Quad conversions as there are many of us (myself included) who do not have the means to play old Quad titles as they were released.
However, I'm shocked that they would have the unmitigated gall to put up a title for free download when it has just been remastered and released from a quality label.
It's an insult to AF to do something like that, and I'll be sure to let them know it is...

If you think you got upset about that you're gonna have a real hissy fit with what's being offered there now...

It's very important that the "Winelight" SACD sells well! Why? I now notice on the Audio Fidelity website that this title is part of the new ETrain initiative with Elliot Scheiner.
https://audiofidelity.net/product/grover-washington-jr-winelight

The better this title sells, the more likely there will be more Elliot Scheiner mixes released through Audio Fidelity, especially never before released surround mixes, old and new!

Let's speak with our wallets right now! :)

Rock titles would sell better IMO. They need albums well known with more appeal.

Rock titles would sell better IMO. They need albums well known with more appeal.

I believe they are doing the best they can to get well known albums with more appeal.
If they waited for "THE" title, then they would be like Music Valet. Only one title in almost two years and no signs of more coming for sure…

At least this way AF continues to crank out titles to satisfy surround fans and audiophiles alike.

I believe they are doing the best they can to get well known albums with more appeal.
If they waited for "THE" title, then they would be like Music Valet. Only one title in almost two years and no signs of more coming for sure…

At least this way AF continues to crank out titles to satisfy surround fans and audiophiles alike.

AF seems to do a better job of releasing what they say they are going to release..MoFi on the other hand teases you with these "potential" releases and then they never see the light of day..some of the those MoFi "coming soon" titles have been on the list for over a year...

Disgusting indeed! It makes me sick to my stomach to see it offered for free download like that. Nothing but an insult to AF...

I don't get involved with downloads...and doing this type of thing makes me more angry than most...the timing of this especially sucks...it's just another blow to a format that is trying to stay alive...we need all these companies that provide hi rez material to succeed and actions like this just undermine their efforts...if I had the ability I would provide some nasty virus activity on that site to discourage people from downloading..

BINGO. This is the point I have tried to make several times.

AF seems to do a better job of releasing what they say they are going to release..MoFi on the other hand teases you with these "potential" releases and then they never see the light of day..some of the those MoFi "coming soon" titles have been on the list for over a year...

EXACTLY. We were toyed with by things like "Quadio", Music Valet, and other one offs. Marshall has picked up the Gauntlet and we now have 8 Surround SACDs already out there, with at LEAST two more coming in less than a month. THAT'S PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

How long have we waited for one offs like "Amused to Death" and other pre-announced titles? AF is delivering the goods, just like they said they would. This is good! :)

EXACTLY. We were toyed with by things like "Quadio", Music Valet, and other one offs. Marshall has picked up the Gauntlet and we now have 8 Surround SACDs already out there, with at LEAST two more coming in less than a month. THAT'S PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

How long have we waited for one offs like "Amused to Death" and other pre-announced titles. AF is delivering. This is good! :)

Yeah, but I'd rather wait longer for a good title like "Amused To Death" than to purchase a lot of what AF is releasing that I know I will not listen to or listen to once or twice, then, sits on the shelf for years, and I have a few of those titles already. ;)

Import CDs has shipped these two for me...and Guess Who - can't wait... :banana:

They just need to list Open Our Eyes and Homecoming now on their site so I can order them.

Import CDs has shipped these two for me...and Guess Who - can't wait... :banana:

They just need to list Open Our Eyes and Homecoming now on their site so I can order them.

Snap! will yours reach NZ before mine reach me in the UK? Still waiting for the BS&T and Guess Who to ship from ImportCDs - great prices.

I'm curious...how long does it take to get a delivery.....that's a long haul...around 7,000 miles...

Anywhere from 5 days to 2-3 weeks (normally about 2 weeks). Sometimes longer - Child is Father took about 6 weeks :(

Snap! will yours reach NZ before mine reach me in the UK? Still waiting for the BS&T and Guess Who to ship from ImportCDs - great prices.

I got my BST about 3 weeks ago... but I pre-ordered early...

Interestingly enough, on the back of the Best of Bread SACD, it does state: Manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company. I thought that to be a little unusual.

Interestingly enough, on the back of the Best of Bread SACD, it does state: Manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company. I thought that to be a little unusual.

Not really. The usual deal with reissues is that the reissue label pays an advance and buys the finished SACDs (or CDs) from the record company that owns the masters. In the case of Best of Bread, that would be Warner Music Group.

Holy moly you guys were right about the Winelight mix - sounds amazing! Mr. Scheiner does it again.

Back