Bryan Adams Reckless - Replacement Discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize for the delay. I got my replacement copy and the colour of the disc is different that of my old copy, as my old copy is silver and the new one is gold. Please see the image. Maybe they are differentiating between "good" and "bad" pressings.

Attachments

• 1528436612175.jpg
    1528436612175.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 207
I apologize for the delay. I got my replacement copy and the colour of the disc is different that of my old copy, as my old copy is silver and the new one is gold. Please see the image. Maybe they are differentiating between "good" and "bad" pressings.
I bought this a couple of months ago and got the Gold label. Plays fine so far.

Snood, my apologies. I call the disc "replacement" as I had to buy a new copy because of my defective old copy. The record company was not involved at all, although I hope that they get involved at some point if this is really a batch of bad pressings.

I just tried to play my copy and it won't load. I tried last night a few times and again today on my Oppo BDP-83 and on the bedroom BDP-103. The player says Top Menu on the front and I get the Oppo logo on screen. When I push any button I get the error logo. I tried to get the download and the site just sends verification emails and won't allow login. Has the website gone by the wayside? The other links on the site like email support and Read the FAQs just redirect to error pages. I get different experiences, both bad, between trying Firefox and Chrome browsers. Does anyone have suggestions other than buy a new disc? I can't even seem to find an email for support at UMe. BTW, the disc was gonna get a third play yesterday and is undamaged. I do not think storage or handling were the issue.

Here is the contact I got after a long Amazon.ca chat. I have sent them an email hoping they can help. It looks like the artist's booking agent but maybe they can be of service as UMe does not seem to have a customer support email.

The Feldman Agency
[email protected]
TORONTO
416-598-0067
VANCOUVER
778-945-3167

I am getting woried as I just got GnR and have Abbey Road coming, all made by UMe if I have it right. My other Blu-ray audio discs so far play fine. I don't have the PF sets but do have the stand alone for one. Better check that later today. I'd hate to spend $30 and way more to get discs that fail.

I plan on giving them until early next week then I will call them. I found a number for UMe in Toronto as well but will try that after this one pans out.

I found this online:
Universal Music Canada

1-2450 Victoria Park Ave, North York, ON M2J 4A1

416-718-4000

Then there was an article from 2017 that claimed they moved to 80 Atlantic Ave Toronto. I will try thr phone number on monday.

Just to add my feedback. I bought this when it came out. It played ok to begin with & for quite sometime now, won't play in any player & i've tried 4 players, from Sony, to Panasonic, to Oppo. It's so annoying, because it's one of my favourite discs.

Back