Buckingham & Fleetwood Mac part ways

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know....for me, Fleetwood without Buckingham is a shell. His talent and performances would be missed. For me anyway. But...life moves on.

Same here - Neil Finn adds a curiosity intrigue - might end up buying the cd to figure out what Neil Finn is thinking :cautious: Can not see this line up lasting

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth over at Mac fansite The Ledge.

Apparently, there is no Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey - except for the 8 years and 9 albums before he joined.

Nothing like this has ever happened in Fleetwood Mac history - except the last time Lindsey left in 1987. Not to mention Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Bob and Bob - let alone Billy, Rick, Dave and Billy (again).

I certainly hope Christine likes Neil - you wouldn't want it to be like Dave Mason's tenure in the band.

Hard to understand.

I'd guess that Stevie Nicks makes more money in her solo tours that with Fleetwood Mac, and she's in.

Lindsey Buckingham solo, as much as we love him, is a cult act.

Doesn't he need/want the money?

Hard to understand.

I'd guess that Stevie Nicks makes more money in her solo tours that with Fleetwood Mac, and she's in.

Lindsey Buckingham solo, as much as we love him, is a cult act.

Doesn't he need/want the money?

Nah Lindsey has been quoted as saying he only got back to tour and release because Mick and some others in the band were not doing so good financially........relatively speaking.

Snood do think Stevie makes a helluva lot more money touring with Mac..........Mac equals sold out shows in large venues and Stevie alone not so much.

Snood also do think the same has been going on for the recent tours with Mac also..........Kind of weird too since Lindsey went out of his way to work on Christine's stuff for their album recently and even toured with her. Makes ya wonder how much say Christine has in the band nowadays. Must be just Mick, Stevie and John mainly.......but who knows maybe Christine freaked out too.

Snood thinky Lindsey would much rather release his own solo stuff rather than be in Mac anyways. The Money might be better with Mac, but do think he will be getting lots of money from past Mac releases and them playing his songs on tour :hi

Snood do think Stevie makes a helluva lot more money touring with Mac..........Mac equals sold out shows in large venues and Stevie alone not so much.
Maybe, but she doesn't have to split it.

The WaPo says LB was forced out.

BTW, the Buckingham McVie album is great! Not one really, really great song in it but all are very, very good. Reminds me of the mid-period FM, in fact when I listen to the B-McV album what pops in my mind is Come a Little Bit Closer from Heroes.

Maybe, but she doesn't have to split it.

The WaPo says LB was forced out.

BTW, the Buckingham McVie album is great! Not one really, really great song in it but all are very, very good. Reminds me of the mid-period FM, in fact when I listen to the B-McV album what pops in my mind is Come a Little Bit Closer from Heroes.
Agree - Buckingham/McVie album is great. I have the vinyl and it's just very nice sounding.

I saw them a few years ago, when McVie returned, and it was a great show. Lindsey stole the show with his guitar as far as I was concerned. That dude can play.
I am glad I saw them then. At this point, the old '60s and '70s acts are really getting up there in age, as are the old '60s and '70s fans! :)

Lindsey is truly a gifted musician, and he fits perfectly with Fleetwood Mac - that being said, Fleetwood Mac was always about the ”band” to me, not so much about the individual members (except maybe Fleetwood himself). They have truly released great albums throughout their career.

Is Tango In The Night the best sounding pop/rock album of the 80s? Me think so.

I’m fine with this news... I love Lindsey’s solo stuff and look forward to another solo album. And while the Buckingham-McVie album was very good, it wasn’t as good as previous Fleetwood Mac efforts (IMO)... it almost felt like Lindsey wasn’t fully invested in it. Fleetwood Mac will be a great live show with the additions of two excellent guitarists, so this feels like a win-win all around!

Last edited:
Back