Cast Your Vote: 3rd Annual Best Hi Rez Album Award

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
It's time again for the Annual Best Hi Rez Album - Reader's Choice Award. The winner is recognized at the Surround 2005 Show in December.

You can vote on line by visiting the High Fidelity Review web site at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/features/hfr_award.asp and casting your vote.

The 6 finalists are:

Crossing
David Elias

Music for Organ, Brass and Timpani
Anthony Newman and the Graham Ashton Ensemble

Brothers in Arms (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dire Straits

Master of Disaster
John Hiatt

Something to Be
Rob Thomas

Brick (Box Set)
Talking Heads

Rob Thomas should not even be compared with BIA and the Brick, let alone PT.

JonUrban said:
Rob Thomas should not even be compared with BIA and the Brick, let alone PT.

So I take it the Rob Thomas disc won't be getting many web votes then. Can't say I've heard that one.

Well without PT there it makes it easy. Has to be the sheer combined force of the content of "The Brick".

Last edited:
The Brick wins hand down....quite an achievment this late in the DVDA game (just when you think dvda's are dead).

My second vote would go to the Dire Straits SACD.:)

JohnG said:
The Brick wins hand down....quite an achievment this late in the DVDA game (just when you think dvda's are dead).

My second vote would go to the Dire Straits SACD.:)

My order of preference as well.

Hey, now! I find at least *some* redeeming qualities of the Rob Thomas disc. Well... OK to nominate it for a surround award is certainly a joke, though. :)

I voted for Brick, FWIW.

bmoura said:
So I take it the Rob Thomas disc won't be getting many web votes then. Can't say I've heard that one.

I have the DualDisc and like it really well but I don't yet have Brothers in Arms, although it is on the way to me. I can't say Rob Thomas "...something to be" is worthy of mention as one of the best surround discs of 2005 but it is one of my favorites so far.

Chris

Back