HiRez Poll Chicago - QUADIO [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Chicago - QUADIO

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Content, Poor Surround

• Total voters
Talk to me drphibes, as I feel the same way. Not a huge fan, but I've been enjoying the Doobies Quaddio box a lot. And the Chicago box is more highly rated. What makes it one of your favorite buys? What surprised you about it?
Finally coming back to this almost a year later...

Part one was the value, you get eight studio albums and one greatest hits album in a compact, well-made set that shows a band at the height of its powers. I paid well under $100 for this set, and the cost/entertainment value was a great return on investment. Part two is that I really REALLY like Chicago VII, which was the biggest pleasant surprise for me. The mix and the mastering sound great on my system. At about Chicago VIII, my enjoyment drops off rapidly. By Chicagp X, I could see the soft-rock 80s sound on the horizon.

Finally coming back to this almost a year later...

Part one was the value, you get eight studio albums and one greatest hits album in a compact, well-made set that shows a band at the height of its powers. I paid well under $100 for this set, and the cost/entertainment value was a great return on investment. Part two is that I really REALLY like Chicago VII, which was the biggest pleasant surprise for me. The mix and the mastering sound great on my system. At about Chicago VIII, my enjoyment drops off rapidly. By Chicagp X, I could see the soft-rock 80s sound on the horizon.
Count me in on this discussion, I too have the Doobies (and Black Sabbath) Quadio's and think they're super, but resisted the Chicago box based on price. Aren't they sold out and now only available via resale-gouge?

Count me in on this discussion, I too have the Doobies (and Black Sabbath) Quadio's and think they're super, but resisted the Chicago box based on price. Aren't they sold out and now only available via resale-gouge?

Yes, I am sorry to say that seems to be true. The resale prices are bonkers. I wonder if Rhino could negotiate a reprint? Based on the resale prices, they would sell well.

i read somewhere this year there might be a reissue ( or just the first album) in 4.0... those rumours are true? i been looking for a reasonable priced copy of that ,but failed so far

i read somewhere this year there might be a reissue ( or just the first album) in 4.0... those rumours are true? i been looking for a reasonable priced copy of that ,but failed so far
None that i'm aware of. The first album was done once as standalone as the first Quadio release in 2010 (followed soon by Aretha Franklin Best of) on a DVD-Video

https://www.discogs.com/release/3309463-The-Chicago-Transit-Authority-Chicago-Transit-Authority

Six years later came out the megabox on bluray.

I believe ForagingRhino on here mentioned that they were considering a repress, but nothing was confirmed.

Back