• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

COMING SOON: QQ Generation FOUR!

Snood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
Will we still having dancing bananas? My 7 and 3.5 year old want to know.
And Snoooooooooooood too - great question :banana:

But as you can see in Jon's previous picture...........the line to GONE crosses thru the dancing bananas :yikes

John Svensson

Aren't we all presuming that Snood pronounces that double oo as an "u"? Maybe the second o is silent, and it is more like "not" or "odd"....so, Snod. :cool: After all, we don't know exactly which planet he hails from.

DuncanS

Does not Rhyme! :mad:@:
I love the last verse!

Semolina pilchards :yikes climbing up the Eiffel Tower
Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe
I am the eggman, we are the eggmen, I am the walrus
Goo goo g'joob :banana: g'goo goo g'joob :banana: goo goo g'joob :banana: g'goo goo g'joob :banana: g'goo

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no! All this talk of XenForo and suddenly we are surely taking an SHF turn, "It won't be long" until all threads turn into Beatles threads. "Help!"

I wonder if Snood™ can greet new members with a Liverpool accent?

HomerJAU

Moderator (MCH Media Players)
Staff member
Oh no! All this talk of XenForo and suddenly we are surely taking an SHF turn, "It won't be long" until all threads turn into Beatles threads. "Help!"

I wonder if Snood™ can greet new members with a Liverpool accent?
Or all threads are in one sub-forum :yikes

On a more serious note: I reckon Snood can do it!

In the new software it would be nice if we were able to retain the various topic icons we've grown used to, like: WB/Rhino Quadio, Audio Fidelity, QuadroSurround, SACD, etc, etc... For those of us lazy readers, we go off of the icons to identify the threads.

The Bright Side

This looks awesome! I didn't expect a move to a new platform, and I was happy just knowing the forum would survive. This is an awesome bonus! :) Very happy!

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
In the new software it would be nice if we were able to retain the various topic icons we've grown used to, like: WB/Rhino Quadio, Audio Fidelity, QuadroSurround, SACD, etc, etc... For those of us lazy readers, we go off of the icons to identify the threads.
I am working on that right now. I may not be able to get it to work right off the bat, but it's on the list.

I'll post more updates in this thread as I move through the test process.

César

800 Club - QQ All Star
Hi, did anyone check Tapatalk's battery consumption on an Android phone? On mine, even it's marked in the optimizable applications category, it's eating up 70% of my battery, so today it's saying goodbye to my phone.
Are you aware of any other forum client worthy checking and compatible with QQ 4.0?
Thanks!

HomerJAU

Moderator (MCH Media Players)
Staff member
An update on the new QQ Generation FOUR:

I've been working with Jon to ensure we can still create the Tabbed Surround Polls page with embedded links and Poll Index with the new forum software. The good news is that it is now working!

It looks like we will see 3 changes:
  1. The new Poll App is now much faster and no longer needs to 'scrape/read' the Poll Threads for certain info, very slow (so we may see more frequent Poll updates)
  2. There will be an additional 90+ polls in the new forum Poll Index with zero votes (A quirk in current QQ polls is there is zero data unless at least one vote is posted, hence these polls were not visible)
  3. I have proposed (and completed coding) a feature where users can download a PDF version of each Poll Summary:

Example: On each Tabbed Poll Page there will be new new 'Download Poll as PDF' link (see bottom right):

Clicking on the Link will download a PDF version of the current Poll (example for HiRez Poll):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/images/QQ Hirez Poll.pdf

I think this may be useful for members like me that like to mark which releases we have or which ones we're seeking to buy.

THX
Garry