• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

COMING SOON: QQ Generation FOUR!

Clint Eastwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
An update on the new QQ Generation FOUR:

I've been working with Jon to ensure we can still create the Tabbed Surround Polls page with embedded links and Poll Index with the new forum software. The good news is that it is now working!

It looks like we will see 3 changes:
  1. The new Poll App is now much faster and no longer needs to 'scrape/read' the Poll Threads for certain info, very slow (so we may see more frequent Poll updates)
  2. There will be an additional 90+ polls in the new forum Poll Index with zero votes (A quirk in current QQ polls is there is zero data unless at least one vote is posted, hence these polls were not visible)
  3. I have proposed (and completed coding) a feature where users can download a PDF version of each Poll Summary:

Example: On each Tabbed Poll Page there will be new new 'Download Poll as PDF' link (see bottom right):

Clicking on the Link will download a PDF version of the current Poll (example for HiRez Poll):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/images/QQ Hirez Poll.pdf

I think this may be useful for members like me that like to mark which releases we have or which ones we're seeking to buy.

THX
Garry
:worthy

DuncanS

Wow, really neat, the Quad version of QQ is going to be 4x better! :cool:

An update on the new QQ Generation FOUR:

I've been working with Jon to ensure we can still create the Tabbed Surround Polls page with embedded links and Poll Index with the new forum software. The good news is that it is now working!

It looks like we will see 3 changes:
  1. The new Poll App is now much faster and no longer needs to 'scrape/read' the Poll Threads for certain info, very slow (so we may see more frequent Poll updates)
  2. There will be an additional 90+ polls in the new forum Poll Index with zero votes (A quirk in current QQ polls is there is zero data unless at least one vote is posted, hence these polls were not visible)
  3. I have proposed (and completed coding) a feature where users can download a PDF version of each Poll Summary:

Example: On each Tabbed Poll Page there will be new new 'Download Poll as PDF' link (see bottom right):

Clicking on the Link will download a PDF version of the current Poll (example for HiRez Poll):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/images/QQ Hirez Poll.pdf

I think this may be useful for members like me that like to mark which releases we have or which ones we're seeking to buy.

THX
Garry

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: It won't be long now, probably sometime in the next 2 weeks we'll be doing the conversion. I am still waiting to hear from our web host. As I said, we'll probably be closed for a few days, then reopen with the new software.

When it first comes up, it will be fairly generic, but over time we'll get it looking more custom. So don't get too discouraged if things are missing. They might be back, they might not be.

Whatever we can do we'll do! After all, we do NOT want to disappoint Snood™! :smokin

Well done Jon for running the best website on the net. Zuckerberg got nothing on you man... I’m new here but I absolutely love it!!! And well done everyone else on QQ for making it so brilliant. Roll on version Quad :)

Snood

Staff member
Whatever we can do we'll do! After all, we do NOT want to disappoint Snood™! :smokin
Darn Tootin'! :howl:banana:

Wait Whaaaaaaa?:mad:@:......hmmmmm that doesn't sound like the Jon Snood knows? Wonder what he got up sleeve?:rolleyes:

Snood

Staff member
If they do, I'll be joining you at SnoodraphonicSnood.com :banana:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees for those who want to hear nothing but the word "Snood" coming from all speakers in 5.1 or Quad or eeeeven Stereo :music:mad:@::banana::mad:@::banana::mad:@::banana:

How great would that be!!! :51banana:

So yeah take that Jon :banana:

:couch No Ban Snood please.....really, Snood not working on that site:rolleyes:

humprof

Should we back up messages in our Inboxes (and/or Outboxes), Jon, or will those survive the transition?

Looking forward to QQ v4! Thanks for continuing--and improving--this amazing resource!

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
Should we back up messages in our Inboxes (and/or Outboxes), Jon, or will those survive the transition?

Looking forward to QQ v4! Thanks for continuing--and improving--this amazing resource!
PM's should be fine. No need to back up. (y)