Convert SQ to DVD-A ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubba111

I currently have a Tate II and want to convert these LP's to DVD-A. Is there a way to do it? THANK YOU!

You need a sound card with at least four inputs, I use M-Audio Delta 44 (or Delta 66). An audio program such as Audacity or Adobe Audition. I simply save my recordings as 4 channel flac, if using Audition you can save as 6-channel wma lossless (blank center and lfe channels). I don't bother making DVD audios anymore, prehaps someone else can recommend a suitable progam for that.

yes. the m audio or like product is technically called an audio interface, to capture your 4 channels, you will also need a quality audio capture program. I use acid pro 7. I also have the delta 1010 but that's overkill for what you want. a 44 or 66 will be fine. to convert to DVDA you will need to get a couple of legacy programs ie. Discwelder and mlp surcode , but be forewarned the last operating system that I have been able to run them on without problems is windows 8. if you want those programs just pm me. All of these programs seem to work best on win 7 unfortunately.

yes. the m audio or like product is technically called an audio interface, to capture your 4 channels, you will also need a quality audio capture program. I use acid pro 7. I also have the delta 1010 but that's overkill for what you want. a 44 or 66 will be fine. to convert to DVDA you will need to get a couple of legacy programs ie. Discwelder and mlp surcode , but be forewarned the last operating system that I have been able to run them on without problems is windows 8. if you want those programs just pm me. All of these programs seem to work best on win 7 unfortunately.
I've been able to use both Discwelder Chrome & MLP Surcode on Windows 10 Pro x64 with no problems at all. Not sure why, usually nothing works for me after a MS upgrade!
But (this for Nubba's benefit) you don't have to use an mlp encoder as long as you understand you can fit a little less music on a disc.
The suggestion to use Cirlinca is good, I used to use it a long time ago so not really sure how it is now.

This could be helpful for you after you get your mono's or mch files;
"AudioMuxer is a tool that will allow you to mux AC3, TrueHD, DTSWav, DTS (or CPT), DTSHD (DTS Master Audio and DTS High-Resolution), LPCM, Flac, AAC, ALAC and MP3 audio tracks together with a series of images to, where applicable, a DVD-Video output or an MPG file, or to an MKV file and AVCHD/Blu-ray/Flac/Wav/DTSWav/CDWav/AAC/ALAC output"
http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135#refdownload

Does any of this work in a Mac. I am struggling to find an easy way to convert 4 . Wav files to a 4 channel dvd-a. I am extremely surprised how hard it is to figure this out (or how dumb I am). But I hit a wall at every turn.

elguapo511 I know zilch about Mac's but, when you say DVDA, do you mean you want to author a disc? If so you need a program like DiscWelder or
Sonic DVDA creator, or even Cirlinca if it's still around. There are no Mac compatible authoring programs sold today that I know of. In fact most of it is not even sold any more that I have seen.
If Cirlinca still sells their program it used to be pretty simple, if not 100% in spec, to get your lossless files to a DVDA disc.
I'll leave it at that for now.

Back