Creating Dolby Digital Music Discs for Autos with DVD Video Systems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I was going to PM Neil about this, but I figured that there are others out there that might be interested in something like this.

I have a 04 Nissan Titan pickup, and in a strange combo of options, I ended up with a rear seat DVD video system installed in it. It has probably been used once in 2 years, but it does have a built in Dolby Digital 5.1 system. The DVD video discs are loaded in a seperate DVD player located in the center console, not the 6 disc changer in the dash.

My question to Neil was going to be this:

I want to create a few custom surround discs (either 5.1 or 4.0) from my quad source files that will play in this system. I want them to be very simple: insert the disc into the player and let it play the Dolby Digital track.

To make a Dolby Digital audio-only DVD-V that will instantly play on this system, what do I need to do? I have Soft Encode 1.0 from Sound Forge, a program I bought a long time ago. Do I need to create 48kHz music files in order for this to work?

Can someone provide some direction? These would be strictly for use in the truck, so they don't have to be fancy or anything. In fact, I may EQ them with the truck in mind. :eek:

THANKS

I can't answer your questions, but I thought I'd at least pipe in to suggest that if you can, make sure that when you author them, you set them up for "autoplay" -- to bypass the menu.

Use "Sonic Foundry AC-3 DVD Burner" for extremely simple "audio only" dvd-v authoring :
post-1-1139043482.png

JonUrban said:
I want to create a few custom surround discs (either 5.1 or 4.0) from my quad source files that will play in this system. I want them to be very simple: insert the disc into the player and let it play the Dolby Digital track.
To make a Dolby Digital audio-only DVD-V that will instantly play on this system, what do I need to do? I have Soft Encode 1.0 from Sound Forge, a program I bought a long time ago. Do I need to create 48kHz music files in order for this to work?
Very easy:
-since you already have Soft Encode, resample your files to 48K 24 bit and encode it as AC3 file; write down the timing of the tracks for the track change
- download Muxman (free version) and PgcEdit with the CellTimes plugin
- use a 648x480 bitmap BMP as a background image, edit as wished, then strech it to 720x480
-with the Plugin, convert the timing into cellframes
- use the 720x480 image as video source, add the ac3 files, import chapters and press "start". you're done.

winopener said:
Very easy:
-since you already have Soft Encode, resample your files to 48K 24 bit and encode it as AC3 file; write down the timing of the tracks for the track change
- download Muxman (free version) and PgcEdit with the CellTimes plugin
- use a 648x480 bitmap BMP as a background image, edit as wished, then strech it to 720x480
-with the Plugin, convert the timing into cellframes
- use the 720x480 image as video source, add the ac3 files, import chapters and press "start". you're done.

OK. Now I get your PM.

I also have the latest version of DVD Architect with AC3 support, so I suppose I could use that too, right?

Back