Curtis Mayfield Superfly SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime in the future...and with MoFi that could be several stardates….Curtis Mayfied's Superfly comes to SACD...now it's not Shaft...BUT...I'm all in on this...there is so little soul music in hi rez that anyting will get my attention... HERE

Clinty, great news, but wake me up WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY RELEASED!

Am still awaiting the stereo SACDs of the two Hendrix titles and S&G's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. Perhaps BOTH Analogue Productions and MoFi should rip a page out of the Dutton~Vocalion rapid release playbook!

Clinty, great news, but wake me up WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY RELEASED!

Am still awaiting the stereo SACDs of the two Hendrix titles and S&G's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. Perhaps BOTH Analogue Productions and MoFi should rip a page out of the Dutton~Vocalion rapid release playbook!

At least the Hendrix titles have dates....and they said late summer...it's not the infamous TBA....

At least the Hendrix titles have dates....and they said late summer...it's not the infamous TBA....

True. Perhaps D~V could release the two known Curtis Mayfield QUAD remixes: 'Back to the World' and 'Roots!'

But that pervasive slo~as~molasses SACD release schedule will always persist with AP & MoFi: Vinyl: FIRST and SACD: ...... when we get to it!

Last edited:
I agree Clint, not enough soul, but you can get Superfly in 24/192 stereo from HDTracks. They have a pretty good selection of soul artists including War, etc which are considered audiophile picks. I thought the same as Ralph, not going to order the MOFI until I see a release date.

I agree Clint, not enough soul, but you can get Superfly in 24/192 stereo from HDTracks. They have a pretty good selection of soul artists including War, etc which are considered audiophile picks. I thought the same as Ralph, not going to order the MOFI until I see a release date.

Right ON, Markie. And as things are going now: The World IS a Ghetto! Wish D~V would release that incredible album in QUAD!

Last edited:
I wonder if places like Mo-Fi sell more vinyl now than the SACD version on every new release. It seems to be the case. I remember when SACD’s were released first, before vinyl. Or, maybe, it was depending on release. :unsure:

Anyway, I hope they do a good job on the mastering for Superfly.

I wonder if places like Mo-Fi sell more vinyl now than the SACD version on every new release. It seems to be the case. I remember when SACD’s were released first, before vinyl. Or, maybe, it was depending on release. :unsure:

Anyway, I hope they do a good job on the mastering for Superfly.

MoFi usually does awesome job on their Stereo SACD remasters provided they can access the absolute masters.

Back