David Sylvian - deluxe edition of Manafon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konoyaro

QQ Supporter
A press release states that the deluxe edition of David Sylvian's forthcoming release "Manafon" will include both Dolby and DTS 5.1 versions of the recording.
At $85 it's pretty pricey so I guess potential purchasers will want to scrutinize the audio samples well before buying.
More info here.

Thanks for the post, I really enjoy just about everything he does. That is steep unless there are some other items that are included.

received mail from samadhi mine is shipped today (y)

Next week more hopefully, after listening how the remix is in 5.1
Same reviews as with PT the Incident, from very good/bad.

And for a luxe edition with 2 books and cd+dvd in slipcase and signed photo the price is not too bad I think.

Wow... I bought this last week and now is sold out. I'm waiting for a shipping notification e-mail, I hope this happen soon.

If anyone receive it please let us know your opinion. :)

All the best,

Hey mine arrived yesterday. This is a state of the art box set. Two hard back, cloth-bound books inserted into a cloth-bound rigid slip case. Each of the three cloth-bound items feature gold embossed lettering. The photography and design are just great, Chris Bigg involved so if you know him you know what I'm talking of.
Ok, to the main point, the audio versions included in the dvd (included only in this deluxe limited edition). We have here:
- High resolution stereo PCM 48/24 wich sounds amazing.
- Surround sound DTS 94/24!! This really surprised me because recently there seems to be a lack of interest in this format (Depeche Mode Sounds of the Universe and Bjork's Volta for example are just DTS 48/24). The mix is not discrete exactly, even when I expected it it's not, just in some effects but the instruments sound great, as if you were there in the studio. Fidelity and this sense of space and warmth is present. I really like this mix.
- And the last Dolby Surround 5.1 wich I didn't listen.
The music here is not of easy listening but is one of the best cd's I've listened from David Sylvian.

An enjoyable 9 for this work IMO. :)

Excellent new album, with a great 5.1 mix in my opinion, soundwise great.
Indeed not everybody's taste, I love this one from David, his best after a long period in my opinion. Maybe when Steven W, has time, mixed also his older catalog to 5.1 :banana::banana:

Back