DVD/DTS Poll Deep Purple - Stormbringer [DTS/DD DVD+CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Deep Purple - STORMBRINGER

• Total voters
After years of being available only as an import, this CD/DVD set is finally going to be released domestically in the US on April 8:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRLOUBY/

(Yes, it says 2CD right now at the top, but it definitely says "Quadraphonic Mix; 5.1 DTS 48/24" by all of the tracks on Disc 2, so it's definitely the same CD/DVD edition as before) :)

Great find!

The poll results here

After years of being available only as an import, this CD/DVD set is finally going to be released domestically in the US on April 8:

(Yes, it says 2CD right now at the top, but it definitely says "Quadraphonic Mix; 5.1 DTS 48/24" by all of the tracks on Disc 2, so it's definitely the same CD/DVD edition as before) :)

Great find.. and may be an interesting development.. a Warner/Rhino reissue in the States of a formerly UK/EU EMI title.. could be indicative of nothing but it might be a sign Rhino are up for Surround all over again.. in which case let's resume Quadio with Chicago II to X in Quad.. followed by a Doobies Quad foursome would be.. awesome..!! :D

Well, I ordered mine from Bull Moose, and it arrived today. I don't think it's multi-channel at all. I removed the cellophane wrapper, but I haven't broken the seal because there is no "NTSC" logo on the back, and the heading for Disc Two is "Original album Quad Mix in stereo". On Amazon now, the Disc 2 info is "Quadrophonic (sic) Mix; Stereo". Who knows what the semicolon means. Has anyone else received theirs, and if you opened and played it, is it multi-channel?

It's going to be a real bummer if it isn't.

I just looked at my copy (UK) and its the 2009 35th Anniversary Edition on EMI with the Barcode 5099926464527 and with 16:9 NTSC DVD-Video dts logo on the back.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stormbringe...9570&sr=1-1&keywords=deep+purple+stormbringer

Says 14 left in stock.

Well, I ordered mine from Bull Moose, and it arrived today. I don't think it's multi-channel at all. I removed the cellophane wrapper, but I haven't broken the seal because there is no "NTSC" logo on the back, and the heading for Disc Two is "Original album Quad Mix in stereo". On Amazon now, the Disc 2 info is "Quadrophonic (sic) Mix; Stereo". Who knows what the semicolon means. Has anyone else received theirs, and if you opened and played it, is it multi-channel?

If you can see the UPC number on the back cover check to see if it's 081227945459..it's different than the UK version...like this one

If you can see the UPC number on the back cover check to see if it's 081227945459..it's different than the UK version...like this one

Yep, that's it. So Disc 2 in this one really is multi-channel? I wanted to make sure before I broke the seal, but after reading Bull Moose's return policy, taking the cellophane off may have made it considered "open."

Yep, that's it. So Disc 2 in this one really is multi-channel? I wanted to make sure before I broke the seal, but after reading Bull Moose's return policy, taking the cellophane off may have made it considered "open."

Actually they are pretty good about customer service and every situation has different circumstances...go ahead and open it...and let us know..

It's stereo. Too good to be true, I guess. Why would Rhino release a second disc of the "Quad Mix in stereo"? :mad:

Let me ask you...is the second disc a DVD..or CD....was this a 2CD pack or a CD/DVD pack?...I would contact bullmoose and explain the situation to them..that this was advertised all over the internet as a surround mix on the second disc...or course if it's not a DVD that is the problem

Let me ask you...is the second disc a DVD..or CD....was this a 2CD pack or a CD/DVD pack?...I would contact bullmoose and explain the situation to them..that this was advertised all over the internet as a surround mix on the second disc...or course if it's not a DVD that is the problem

It's a CD. I'll contact Bull Moose, but if anyone else is considering this, hopefully, they'll learn from my experience.

It's a CD. I'll contact Bull Moose, but if anyone else is considering this, hopefully, they'll learn from my experience.

Then that appears to be a Rhino screwup...it was supposed to be a re-issue of the CD/DVD pack and I'm sure the retail sites like Bullmoose and especially DeepDiscount and importcds thought they were getting the re-issue as both of those sites list a 5.1 mix on the second disc..I actually thought it was odd when I first saw how cheap it was to have a surround disc with it...

Then that appears to be a Rhino screwup...it was supposed to be a re-issue of the CD/DVD pack and I'm sure the retail sites like Bullmoose and especially DeepDiscount and importcds thought they were getting the re-issue as both of those sites list a 5.1 mix on the second disc..I actually thought it was odd when I first saw how cheap it was to have a surround disc with it...

It's still available [relatively cheap] from AmazonUK {they have 14 in stock} http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stormbringe...eep+Purple:+stormbringer+5.1&tag=acleint06-21

£13.97 = $19.63 US and with VAT removed even cheaper + of course s/h.

I am sure I am going to like it way more than other discs I have. I am listening to right now on Tidal stereo. It's cool that Coverdale and Hughes trade off vocals and both of them have very strong, good vocals. A little cheesy with the keyboards, but it's OK.

Off Topic, I promise, BUY the new Judas Priest BD-V 5.1, utterly awesome. I also bought the same Battle Cry 2 disc, RBCD and it sounds horrible, even in the car and that's when compressed discs usually sound good are in the car. Anyway, the video and 5.1 is top notch. I saw them live at The Warfield a couple months ago and the 5.1 sounds a 100 times better than live. I promise you will like it.

I am sure I am going to like it way more than other discs I have. I am listening to right now on Tidal stereo. It's cool that Coverdale and Hughes trade off vocals and both of them have very strong, good vocals. A little cheesy with the keyboards, but it's OK.

Off Topic, I promise, BUY the new Judas Priest BD-V 5.1, utterly awesome. I also bought the same Battle Cry 2 disc, RBCD and it sounds horrible, even in the car and that's when compressed discs usually sound good are in the car. Anyway, the video and 5.1 is top notch. I saw them live at The Warfield a couple months ago and the 5.1 sounds a 100 times better than live. I promise you will like it.

Markie, you might like the Audio Fidelity stereo SACD of Deep Purple Live On The BBC. It's almost 80 minutes of music and if you treat it it will sound EXTRA awesome on your rig.

As for Judas Priest. Was never much of a fanboy.

Back